Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi all!

Having some issues with a factory reset since registering to a 3CX phone system. I have gone through the reboot - cancel - 1+3+5 process and it has said configuration reset. BUT when it boots up it's asking for the OLD password to change it to a NEW one...am I screwed here? 

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Sube 

So far we do not know the currently used software version and/or if the reset of the phone was successfully and it no longer loads a new configuration from a provisioning server. 

i usually in my day to day testing use 456 as the old password after a reset and 789 as the new one. 

replied via a mobile device 

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @Sube ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Since certain UC Software we support the California password law sb-327 >here

Simply use 456 as the old and then add a new password.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Thank you for your reply, I have tried entering 456 as the OLD password but it says "it's too short"

Thank you again

HP Recommended

Hello @Sube 

So far we do not know the currently used software version and/or if the reset of the phone was successfully and it no longer loads a new configuration from a provisioning server. 

i usually in my day to day testing use 456 as the old password after a reset and 789 as the new one. 

replied via a mobile device 

HP Recommended

Okay, I have resolved this! I was being silly and not entering ALL the details into the handset...you need to put old password and new password in at the same time. Apologies for wasting your time 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.