Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Polycom VVX 411 factory reset

Sube
Occasional Visitor

Polycom VVX 411 factory reset

Hi all!

Having some issues with a factory reset since registering to a 3CX phone system. I have gone through the reboot - cancel - 1+3+5 process and it has said configuration reset. BUT when it boots up it's asking for the OLD password to change it to a NEW one...am I screwed here? 

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Polycom VVX 411 factory reset

Hello @Sube ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Since certain UC Software we support the California password law sb-327 >here

Simply use 456 as the old and then add a new password.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 5
Sube
Occasional Visitor

Hi Steffen,

Thank you for your reply, I have tried entering 456 as the OLD password but it says "it's too short"

Thank you again

Message 3 of 5
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello @Sube 

So far we do not know the currently used software version and/or if the reset of the phone was successfully and it no longer loads a new configuration from a provisioning server. 

i usually in my day to day testing use 456 as the old password after a reset and 789 as the new one. 

replied via a mobile device 

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 4 of 5
Sube
Occasional Visitor

Okay, I have resolved this! I was being silly and not entering ALL the details into the handset...you need to put old password and new password in at the same time. Apologies for wasting your time 

Message 5 of 5