Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello! For the Polycom VVX450 I have two EM50 expansion modules. I would like the BLF's to flow into the first EM50 (this is working fine) and from there flow to page 1 on the second EM50 (this is not working) Instead the BLFs are flowing into page 2 on the first EM50. This is contrary to how the 6.4.1Update8 (sorry should have mentioned the phone application version earlier) admin manual explains this should work. The UC 6.4.0 admin manual on page 147 (in a PDF reader) under heading: Smart Paging on Expansion Modules - Says that the behavior with two expansion modules is page 1 is on expansion module 1 and page 2 is on expansion module 2 (so on and so forth). Further down it shows you a config line on shutting off smart paging (on the next page) with this setting up.em.smartpaging.enabled = 1 or 0. Currently. I do not define this value and the default should be 1.

Finally if I web into the same vvx450 and go to line config it shows 34 active blf's supported (and shows 34 blfs in the box below) with the remainder of the BLFs showing in the inactive box on the left. (screenshot attached). The phone should support 50 BLF's which is supported by multiple online documents including this one: Using Busy Lamp Field and Hunt Groups here: https://support.polycom.com/content/dam/polycom-support/products/voice/polycom-uc/other-documents/en... on page 4  under the heading "Can I use Expansion Modules (EM) with VVX Business Media Phones for monitoring BLF lines?"

In closing Im hoping to 1) get the 2nd page of  linekeys to flow automatically over to the second em50 page 1 and 2) to get the 50 supported blfs enabled vs the 34 reported to be enabled under the web interface of the phone.

Config and screenshot attached. Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I will add I use/enable the static linkey feature but linekeys still flow normally with that turned on it simply allows you to assign speed dials and unassigned linekeys statically to buttons. BLFs traditionally (and still appear to in testing) just flow into any open lowest number linekey.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.