Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Polycom VVX 500 UCS 5.4.0 broadsoft directory using sip authentication for XSI

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Polycom VVX 500 UCS 5.4.0 broadsoft directory using sip authentication for XSI

We have the same issue with 5.5.0.  The phone receives a 401 back, but never tries to authentication.  I've opened an SR as well.

Message 11 of 18
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Polycom VVX 500 UCS 5.4.0 broadsoft directory using sip authentication for XSI

Hello SarvaiD,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Please provide the Polycom Reference ID usually starting with 1-

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 12 of 18
Visitor

Hi,

We are on Broadsoft 19.sp1. i tested this with the sucessful configuration mention above (reg.1.broadsoft.useXspCredentials="0") on phone relase 5.4.0 and 5.4.4, i am getting 401 response if i set the xsp ip address with http and unknow CA certificate error if i use https

Could you please help on this?

Regards

Prakash

"GET //com.broadsoft.xsi-actions/v2.0/user/ABCDEF/directories/enterprise?firstName=&lastName=&number=&extension=440%2A&mobileNo= HTTP/1.1" 401 954 0 342

"GET //com.broadsoft.xsi-actions/v2.0/user/ABCDEF/directories/enterprise?firstName=Prakash*&lastName=&number=&extension=&mobileNo= HTTP/1.1" 401 954 0 442

Message 13 of 18

Hello Prakash,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

As already explained to VoIPonaught in an earlier post and reminded SarvaiD in his earlier post we need to get a support ticket opened on this.

I am unsure if VoIPonaught or SarvaiD ever have done this as they have so far not replied with a Polycom service id.

The longer anyone leaves this the longer it will take to get this fixed.

Other users tested this succesfully against the versions you mentioned so your issue may be something completely different but again without giving our support team a chance to look at this we will not know.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you. In case this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post your phone's MAC address so I can look up who would be able to support you.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 14 of 18
Frequent Advisor

Hi, SarvaiD!

Just wondering if you have heard back re: SR for this bug in 5.5.0?

So far I have been avoding this version as I'd prefer to have BW directory working

Thanks!

Message 15 of 18

Hello VoIPonaught,

we are still waiting for him to post the SR number.

This was initially reported back in June and checking internally we have a fix for it via VOIP-118504 in 5.5.1 and several hotfixes.

Due lack of NDA I am unable to comment on a release date for 5.5.1 but I can only highlight the importance of raising this with Polycom via the official channels.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Message 16 of 18
Frequent Advisor

Steffen, thanks for informing the community about 5.5.1

It's better to have newer software with BW directory too.

Thank you! 

Message 17 of 18
Frequent Advisor

5.5.1 has been released last week, and looks like the bug is resolved there (at least on the phones I've tried)

Thank you!

Message 18 of 18