Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Polycom VVX D230 call waiting enabled, phone returning a 486 busy when is getting a second call.

grace
Occasional Visitor

Polycom VVX D230 call waiting enabled, phone returning a 486 busy when is getting a second call.

According to the Poly VVX D230 DECT IP Phone Administrator Guide 7.0 (https://support.polycom.com/content/dam/polycom-support/products/voice/dect-ip-phones/user/en/vvxd23...) you can enable call waiting on the handset by dialing *56, but if two calls come at the same time the phone returns a 486 busy.

Is it possible to increase the number of calls a handset can handle at the same time?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Polycom VVX D230 call waiting enabled, phone returning a 486 busy when is getting a second call.

Hello @grace ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

It would be great to find out what the currently used software version is being used.

In addition what settings do you have for the handset and are you sure it is the D230 returning the 486 and not the SIP server?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 4
grace
Occasional Visitor

Re: Polycom VVX D230 call waiting enabled, phone returning a 486 busy when is getting a second call.

Hello @SteffenBaierUK 

The software version is 7.0.2 (Build: 7359M).

The base has 5 handsets configured. 

I'm sure is the handset and not the SIP server. 

Message 3 of 4
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello @grace ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

This is a limitation of DECT.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 4 of 4