Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have a VVX 301 and a VVX D60 paired together.

I would have thought the VVX D60 would use the same custom ringtones as the VVX 301.

It doesn't, when running something like, SIPAddHeader(Alert-Info: <http://www.example.com/sound.wav>) in asterisk the VVX 301 does play the custom ringtone but the VVX D60 seems to ignore this.

Should this work ? I can't seem to find documentation about what the limitations are of the VVX D60.

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hello @bram81 ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Both the communities Must Read First and the FAQ reference the basic minimum information a new or follow up post should contain.

This ensures the questions having to be asked are limited and any new or follow up post contains the right amount of details to ensure any voluntary participant within the community does not spend additional time chasing basic information.

As a reminder the basic information asked for:

• Provide the exact Software Version of your Phone
  • Provide the Phone Model
  • Provide the Call Platform (aka openSIP,Teams, Skype for Business Online, Skype for Business on Premise, Lync, Zoom, BlueJeans and/or Hybrid Registration)
  • Provide details if UC / SIP or ObiEdition
  • Additional Poly Infrastructure (RPRM,PDMS or BToE)
  • If applicable provide a backup of the phone in question

UC Software 4.0.0 or later via the Web Interface Utilities > Phone Backup & Restore > Phone Backup > Phone Backup. Please rename into .TXT or Zip the file to attach.
Since UC Software 5.9.0 simply provide this via the Web Interface Diagnostics > Download Support Information Package

• If possible provide a Log and either attach them or use the Code Tag.Consult the Troubleshooting Section found within the FAQ if applicable
  • If possible provide the MAC Address or Serial of the device
  • Provide details for example if the issue is a day 1 issue or only happened after an upgrade or any other relevant details
  • For questions around Support please check here

Whilst providing some of these details may not directly impact any possible answer the community can provide, it does enable Poly to have an overview of the current software used. In addition, providing all details at the same time allow us to check logs or look up potential support partners if an issue needs to come into support. It also enables us to verify the entitlement for using features.

Stating all of the above I am quite sure this is not supported. The only way to find out would be to open a support ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they may need to do this for you.

End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Poly devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Poly device from.

If the unit is no longer within the warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Update

I tried 6.1.0.6189 , 6.1.1.2670 & 5.9.5.0614

All give the same version on the VVX D60, v0.7.65 with packet version VVX-D60_DSW-158

All have the same issue (when paired with the VVX-301),  the VVX-D60 does not seem to fetch the custom ringtone in the Alert-info header.

How can I find out if this is something that will be added in future firmware ?

HP Recommended

Hello @bram81 ,

We cannot discuss future software Versions within the Community.

Poly, a US-based company, cannot share any future release dates or new features due to the requirement of non-disclosure agreement / NDA prior to this.

Via the medium of a community forum, we are unable to do this. As already outlined you would need to work with your reseller.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi,

I see, well I bought these from a IT distributor here in Belgium,

I am the reseller in this case, but I'm not a Polycom partner.

I sell maybe 5 to 10 phones a year, it's not really my core activity, and I usually use DECT phones from another brand.

thx

Bram

HP Recommended

The way you tried the Alert-Info forces the phone to download the ringtone during call setup right before ringing, so timing is important. Doing internet access over DECT is way more complicated than on a ethernet connected desk phone. Especially setting up the internet access connection over DECT takes a considerable amount of time. So I can understand why this doesn't work for DECT phones.

I suggest you try a different method for custom ringtones: configure them in the phone config file and assign them an info-ID. The phone then loads the ringtone during bootup. You then send the info-ID in the Alert-Info instead of the URL during invite. The different methods are documented here: https://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP-SIP-Phones/FAQ-How-can-I-change-my-Ringtone-or-Ring-in-a-speci... 

I haven't tried this on a DECT phone, but this would be the first thing I'd try.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks, good advice.

It seems the D60 doesn't support any custom ringtones at all ?

When I add a ringtone so you can select it in the menu it doesn't show up in the D60, it does on the VVX 301.

The D60 itself doesn't allow you to set this up so I guess it needs to come from the VVX 301 (as do all other settings).

Here it does say, https://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP-SIP-Phones/FAQ-How-can-I-change-my-Ringtone-or-Ring-in-a-speci...

supported on all phones, this is all phones except the D60 ?

Anything else I can try ?

HP Recommended

How did you add the ringtone to the phone? Via the web interface or with a XML provisioning file and the saf.x option? Start with saf.2, do not use saf.1 as this was reported to have a hardcoded meaning (IIRC some welcome sound).

In my experience the web interface offers just a fraction of the configuration options you have and you should always set up provisioning to open up the full functionality of the phones.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I tried both, the web interface and the XML file, I did use saf.2.

Both had the same effect, none (on the D60), both worked on the 301.

Isn't that a lot of work when using multiple brands ?

Thx

HP Recommended

Hello @bram81 ,

Most likely this is not supported just as the removal of menu's, adding of softkeys or a background picture is not supported on the D60.

If this is a big request for you I already outlined how to add a feature request. Most likely, in my own personal opinion, this will never be added based on the small number of units.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.