Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

my polycom vvx 1500 will not load when it is plugged in, it is stuck at the initial Polycom screen with the DND, Headset, Sp Phone, and Mute buttons illuminated.  I have tried all the general unplugging the phone for 30 minutes and plugging it back in but i do not know what else to try since i cannot get into any of the loading screens.  I have also tried different switch ports and a different cable but the phone still does not load and there is not any ethernet activity.

thank you in advance

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello jeffbrux,

• has this unit worked before ?
  • Is there any activity on the Screen or just the LED's ?

If there is no screen activity and you are sure the PoE or power supply is working then you can only RMA the unit.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello everyone,

I have exactly the same problem in a VVX 1500, I upgraded the phone from Sip 3.3.5 to UC 5.2.0, after the reboot the phone stuck with the polycom logo on the screen and the keyboard buttons with leds on it "on". It doesn't do anything, the last record in the FTP log is the phone dowloading the sip.ld image.

Is there anything I can try?

Thanks in advance

HP Recommended

Hi rafuchoucv,

Did you ever managed to get this issue solved?

I am sitting with exactly the same problem.

Ran the web interfaces upgrade to UC5.2 and the phone is stuck on the initial boot screen with the DND, Mute, SP Phone and Headset buttons illuminated.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello Jacquesbth,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The Polycom Support Page has clear instructions for any VVX 1500 Upgrade:

Before deploying UCS 5.2.0 or Later to VVX 1500 – Please carefully go through the instructions inTechnical Bulletin 695

If the above was not done the unit is now in a state that an End Customer cannot recover and a RMA is required.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Dear;

You managed to solve the above mentioned problem because I have the same problem and the equipment is no longer under warranty, in order to perform an RMA.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.