Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi There,

we use voipfone for the service and have 9 polycom vx400 phones in the setup.

we have 4 phones that act as the ring group.

Here is the problem. If we have the 4 phones setup with the busy lamp fields for the 4 phones that take the incoming calls, when you just pickup the phone it won't answer.

On the screen you can see the list of the 4 phones rininging and you have to select your name from the list and click answer.

we are using software 5.7.0.11768

the only work around was to leave the busy lamp for the other phones but remove the busy lmap for the 4 phones in the group.

can you help pelase??

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @experttechit,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I am unsure if I fully understood your error description but in a BLF setup in order to answer another call not for your extension you must press the BLF key for this extension.

Is this what you are trying ?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi,

No the phones are ringing, but if you pick up the call, the phone still rings.... you then have to go throught the list of phones showing that are ringing, select your phone and click answer.

If you take off the BLF for the phones in the ring group you can just pick up the handset as normal.

With the BLF it shows lots of information on the screen about calls coming in 'sip info' etc... but won't let us pick up the calls.

Many Thanks

James

HP Recommended

Hi James,

can you upload a video showing this and a backup of the phone ?

Utilities > Phone Backup & Restore > Phone Backup > Phone Backup

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi,

The backup is here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tm6t8s1jornfu0m/0004f2716d41_VVX400_01-01-1970_00-16.pbu?dl=0

i have removed the full address / user name.

Basically the BLF buttons show if a user is on a call, but won't let us pick up the phone that rings.

Also when the group rings the phone shows all the extensions that are rinigning.

HP Recommended

Hello @experttechit,

what happens when you press the Button to pickup the call ?

We would need to see some kind of logging for this:

Jan 19, 2012 Question: How to troubleshoot Polycom VoIP related Issues?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

If you struggle with this please work with WESTCON GROUP EUROPEAN OPERATIONS LTD who sold this VVX400 back in 31/03/2016

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.