Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi Everyone,

Is it possible to configure blf keys to perform a 1 button blind tranfers when you have an active call? If this is possible, how can you do it? 

Phone: VVX500/400/300

Firmware: 5.0.1

SoftSwitch: Broadsoft

-Allan

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello Allan,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I am not fully sure I completely understand the question.

The BLF functionality shows the activity of the monitored line and by pressing the Key a call can either be picked up from an alerting state or you can press the key to dial the extension.

There is no functionality to press the key and automatically blind transfer or any other automated action without losing the monitoring function.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Steffen,

I think he means when on an active call the user wants to be able to just hit a BLF to blind tranfer that call to the user. Very useful for a receptionist expicically with an expansion module. She/he could just hit the BLF, and off goes the call. Currently you have to hit tranfer, blind, and then the BLF. Making an automated BLF/tranfer in one would be great. 

HP Recommended

Hello all,

I have to correct above statement as I never had the need to utilize this and just verified some parameters in the Admin Guide.

If you utilize attendant.resourceList.X.type="automata" where X matches attendant.resourceList.X.address="" the Admin Guide describes as follows:

• The type of resource being monitored and the default action to perform when pressing the line key adjacent to monitored user x.

If normal, the default action is to initiate a call if the user is idle or busy and to perform a directed call pickup if the user is ringing.
    Any active calls are first placed on hold.

If automata, the default action when is to perform a park/blind transfer of any currently active call. If there is no active call and the monitored user is ringing/busy, an attempt to perform a directed call pickup/park retrieval is made.

Above works as a one press and the Called Party is automatically forwarded via a SIP REFER to the monitored BLF extension.

If the Attendant would want to speak to the person before doing so a manual transfer would have to be used instead.

Please contact your Polycom reseller for any follow up questions.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Thanks for the help. I tried it and it didn't work. Please see my code below:

<attendant attendant.reg="1" attendant.resourceList.1.address="%BWLINEPORT-1%" attendant.ringType="ringer1" attendant.uri="%BWBLF-URI-1%" attendant.resourceList.1.type="automata">
<attendant.behaviors>
<attendant.behaviors.display>
<attendant.behaviors.display.remoteCallerID attendant.behaviors.display.remoteCallerID.automata="1" attendant.behaviors.display.remoteCallerID.normal="1">
</attendant.behaviors.display.remoteCallerID>
<attendant.behaviors.display.spontaneousCallAppearances attendant.behaviors.display.spontaneousCallAppearances.automata="1" attendant.behaviors.display.spontaneousCallAppearances.normal="%BLF_BEHAVIOR%">
</attendant.behaviors.display.spontaneousCallAppearances>
</attendant.behaviors.display>
</attendant.behaviors>
</attendant>

Any idea on what is wrong?

Thanks,

Allan

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.