Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Polycom VVX310 Volume very soft.

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor

Polycom VVX310 Volume very soft.

Good Afternoon,

I would like to know if someone experianced this before.

on the Polycom VVX310 at a client the Volume is very soft.

The volume level is max out and it is still very soft.

Some calls it is fine but on others it is soft.

Is there settings to increase the volume even higher?

The settings file has the Handset.volume persistence setting enabled.

Regards,

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Polycom VVX310 Volume very soft.

Hello Ruben,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

The phones volume level are carefully adjusted to meet international levels and regulations and should therefore only be modified whilst consulting with Polycom support.

Please raise a ticket with your Polycom reseller and/or Polycom support directly.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 5
Visitor

I have a similar issue. Polycom  direct calls are fine. In the conference room itself it seems fine but users dialling in via Lync or Mobile sound very loud to each other and the VVX310 sounds soft to those end users. 

How was this solved in the end?

Is there a global setting for the Real Presence server to increase input gain / volume?

Thanks,

Duncan

Message 3 of 5
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello Duncan,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The original user is most likely talking about a SIP server. I would assume you are talking about a RealPresence® Collaboration Server (RMX) .

There are Flags on the RMX but they would be affecting all people in the conference.

I suggest you contact your Polycom reseller so they can analyze the call flow and work with our support team.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 5
Visitor

Thanks Steffan,

Yes you are right it is using the RMX server. We are working with Polycom in Australia to check a few options. 

The only things that have come forward so far are:

a. the in-room polycom Group Series units might be echo and noise cancelling and thus dampening the sound somewhat from the room itself.

b. people using mobiles or lync clients generally have the phone / device next to their mouth so the volume would be louder for them. 

c. maybe there is a balance setting within the RMX server to manage different inputs. 

Message 5 of 5