Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Good Afternoon,

I would like to know if someone experianced this before.

on the Polycom VVX310 at a client the Volume is very soft.

The volume level is max out and it is still very soft.

Some calls it is fine but on others it is soft.

Is there settings to increase the volume even higher?

The settings file has the Handset.volume persistence setting enabled.

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Ruben,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

The phones volume level are carefully adjusted to meet international levels and regulations and should therefore only be modified whilst consulting with Polycom support.

Please raise a ticket with your Polycom reseller and/or Polycom support directly.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello Ruben,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

The phones volume level are carefully adjusted to meet international levels and regulations and should therefore only be modified whilst consulting with Polycom support.

Please raise a ticket with your Polycom reseller and/or Polycom support directly.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I have a similar issue. Polycom  direct calls are fine. In the conference room itself it seems fine but users dialling in via Lync or Mobile sound very loud to each other and the VVX310 sounds soft to those end users. 

How was this solved in the end?

Is there a global setting for the Real Presence server to increase input gain / volume?

Thanks,

Duncan

HP Recommended

Hello Duncan,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The original user is most likely talking about a SIP server. I would assume you are talking about a RealPresence® Collaboration Server (RMX) .

There are Flags on the RMX but they would be affecting all people in the conference.

I suggest you contact your Polycom reseller so they can analyze the call flow and work with our support team.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Thanks Steffan,

Yes you are right it is using the RMX server. We are working with Polycom in Australia to check a few options. 

The only things that have come forward so far are:

a. the in-room polycom Group Series units might be echo and noise cancelling and thus dampening the sound somewhat from the room itself.

b. people using mobiles or lync clients generally have the phone / device next to their mouth so the volume would be louder for them. 

c. maybe there is a balance setting within the RMX server to manage different inputs. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.