Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi all,

We're having incorrect time stamps on our phones.  There is no SNTP server configured on the phones and my understanding from the ISP is that if no Time Server is configured on the phones, it will default from option 42 via the DHCP servers issuing the addresses from that given scope.  Is this statement accurate or is it crucial to have an SNTP server configured on each and every phone to receive the accurate time (could be really time consuming due to the amount we have).

Thanks!

Johnny

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello Jonny,

It is always useful to include the currently used software version as issues experienced may already be addressed in a newer release.

Please also include if you are using a SIP server or a LYNC server

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes.

The above is also stated in the "Read First: Welcome to the Polycom VoIP Forum"

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP UC Software Version or the BootROM Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

Jan 28, 2013 Question: Time and Date flashing or unable to set time correctly

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Have a look at the above to troubleshoot if the Phone is getting any SNTP / Time Server

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks a lot for the quick response.

UC Software Version 4.1.6.4835
BootROM Software Version 5.1.6.3978

We are using a SIP server.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.