Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have a polycom phone (VVX300) but it has been working for months.  My DSL went down for a few days and I had to replace the modem to get it working again.  After replacing the modem I cannot get my phone to work.  I have no connection light on my modem for the port I have the phone plugged into and when I get into the phone network menu the LAN port says inactive.  I have tried rebooting several times, I looked through my DSL modem settings to see if something in there is causing the problem.  I tried plugging the ethernet cable into the pc port on the phone and it doesn't get link light either.  I am thinking it must be something with the DSL modem since that is what changed but I am not sure what.  Any help would be appreciated

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I plugged the polycom phone into a data switch that I had and the ethernet port became active.  I then moved the phone back to by DSL modem and the phone is now working.  It seems like the ethernet port went asleep or something and the switch port woke it up.  IDK

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.