Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Polycom cx 700

junkbox_2010
Visitor

Polycom cx 700

I am having difficulty find basic information on the polycom cx 700. I have not had any luck in finding and admin guide for this model.  All I have been able to find are the user guide and quick start guide, neither of which were very helpful. Can any one point me to the admin guide for this model?  or does any one know if the the cx 700 will support a voice vlan?

Thanks

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Polycom cx 700

Hello Junkbox_2010,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The CX500, CX600, CX700 and CX3000 should all support VLAN via DHCP(Vendor option) and/or LLDP.

Reference:

Finding the VLAN ID

" Devices in running Lync 2010 will first send an Linked Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP) request to the switch.

If the switch does not respond in time, the device falls back to DHCP to discover the VLAN.  Not all switches are LLDP enabled, and prior to Lync 2010, DHCP was the only method available for a device to discover its VLAN ID."

Source => here <=

You can find additional Deployment Information => here <=. 

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 2