Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Polycom cx500 loud speakers and microphone is not working

SOLVED
Occasional Visitor

Polycom cx500 loud speakers and microphone is not working

Hi i have queston. I need help with polycom cx500. I need when someone is calling me and I pick up this call with press button than speakers are working but micophone at phone isnt. What can I do orhow fix it at settings? Thanks Zdenek
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Polycom cx500 loud speakers and microphone is not working

Hello Zdenk,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The CX500, in comparison with the CX600 is an "entry" level phone.

The CX500 Data sheet => here <= states:

• Audio—speaker
    •  Monitor only speaker

The CX600 Data sheet => here <= states:

• Audio—speaker phone
    • Full Duplex speakerphone

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Hello Zdenk,

The CX500, in comparison with the CX600 is an "entry" level phone.

The CX500 Data sheet => here <= states:

• Audio—speaker
    •  Monitor only speaker

The CX600 Data sheet => here <= states:

• Audio—speaker phone
    • Full Duplex speakerphone

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for reply.

Zdeněk

Message 3 of 7
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

I have one more question...if I put telephone handset on the table, could I use it like microphone and still use speakers from phone to listen loud. Is it possible? :)

Thanks Zdeněk

Message 4 of 7
Highlighted

Hello Zdenk,

If the loudspeaker is active the handset is disabled.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------

Message 5 of 7
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Polycom CX 600 Speaker always on

Hi We have lots of these CX600. several of them seem to be functioning strangle, I have gone through the reset routines but the phones are still playing up.

When a call arrives the use picks up the hand set and begins to speak then straight away the speaker comes on and the handset no longer works. pressing the speaker button on the phone only ends the call.

Any advice please

Message 6 of 7
Highlighted

Re: Polycom CX 600 Speaker always on

Hello PaulB,

It is always useful to state if this is an issue that has recently occurred or a day one issue.

Most likely the units are defective and need an RMA via your Polycom reseller.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------

Message 7 of 7