Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Using Vonage Business with Polycom VVX Series.

Want to auto answer on internal intercom calls only.  I don't think it is supported by Vonage, but I note there is a setting in the phone under auto answer to be just for internal calls to simulate the speaker mode on traditional "Key System"

1.  Is there a way to configure this to work with Bonage Business Solutions?

2.  Is there a way to do this by linking to a piece of code to the phone that could check if it was internal by calling number, then decide whether or not to answer in speaker mode.

3.  Is there a way to interact with a piece of code on extenal URL to decide how to have the phone respond?

Thanks

19 REPLIES 19
HP Recommended

Hello Phoneman,

The Polycom VVX Business Media Phones have the capability to automatically answer either a SIP or H.323 or both types of calls.

This functionality does not depend on the Call Server used and will answer *every* call automatically if activated. So the short answer is that auto answering is activated for all calls.

The long answer is that :

When you enable auto answer, your phone automatically answers incoming calls after one ring using the speakerphone.

If Auto Answer is enabled and you receive an incoming call while you’re in an active call, the incoming call is automatically answered when you end or hold the current call.

Your phone’s default setting mutes the microphone for all auto-answered calls so that the party calling you can’t hear you until you are ready to talk.

The mute button glows red when the microphone is muted. You can press the mute button to unmute the microphone when you are ready to talk.

NOTE: Please check local regulations in regards of privacy laws depending on the country of residence!
You can enable auto answer on your phone to answer calls automatically so that you don’t have to pick up the handset or press a key to answer calls.

To enable auto answer :

Browse to the IP address of the Phone and select Preferences => Additional Preferences => Auto Answer

Let me know if it helps.

Regards,
Karthik Sivaram

HP Recommended

Hello Phoneman,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 25, 2011 Question: How can I change my Ringtone or Ring in a special manner for a certain incoming call?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The above explained methods are the only supported methods. Please check if your Provider supports these and check the Intercom feature.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Where can I find documentation to understand these options for Intercom

voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.1.value="Test" voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.1.class="ringAutoAnswer" se.rt.ringAutoAnswer.ringer="ringer10"

As I have been reading, I am assuming that I can auto answer an intercom call to handsfree mode (server independant) if I:

1.  Setup an Intercom button on the phone

2. Dial another extension using the Intercom button (this places the intercom notation in the header which will be recognized by the receiving phone and trigger it to auto answer) 

I see this is possible on another provider as shown in this link  https://success.ringcentral.com/articles/RC_Knowledge_Article/4617

Hoping this can be done server independant like with Vonage Business Essentials.

Is this so, and do you have an example to set the Intercom button.  I have it setup on one VVX411, but the 501 is giving me trouble.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello Phoneman,

The FAQ post => here <= explains this in detail with examples that you can simply import.

It also contains a logging example and in addition the Admin Guide matching your currently used software version should be consulted.

If this all fails and nobody else within the community comes back to you the next step would be contacting support.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you. End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply!

Could you point me to where I could see documentation outlining commands and the associated options like this one

feature.enhancedFeatureKeys.enabled="1" softkey.1.precede="1" softkey.1.label="IC-Bob" softkey.1.use.idle="1" softkey.1.enable="1" softkey.1.action="1002$Tintercom$"

HP Recommended

Hello Phoneman,

Please ensure you always check the community FAQ and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up post’s.

The above is documented in the Admin Guide and here:

Nov 25, 2011 Question: How can I change the functionality of a softkey button / use EFK?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

I have been successful in adding the "Intercom" button to a 411, however, the 501 says the configuration file was imported successfullly, however there is no new Intercom keys or buttons in the display.

What am I missing?

HP Recommended

Got it to load on the 501 using the provided examples.  

However, it is not auto answering as the Intercom should.

Could Vonage be messing with the Invite and taking it out or any other direction on troubleshooing?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello Phoneman,

How would I know if you did not post any logs or anything?

You have the following options:

• Try and utilize the FAQ provided. Its simple and you just need to follow the illustrated instructions. There is also this FAQ:

Jan 19, 2012 Question: How to troubleshoot Polycom VoIP related Issues?

• Another community member gives up their time and walks you through the steps needed

• Contact your Polycom reseller as they are your Tier 1 support

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you. End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.