Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Okay, let me see if I am understanding the Debug issues here.

I am trying to confirm that the phone is sending the SIP INFO Header info with Intercom and Ring tone in order to auto answer on an Intercom Call.

This is on a Hosted Platform (Vonage) that uses HTTPS to communicate.

If I understand correctly, wireshark will not help me in seeing that the phone is constructing this Info Field Correctly as it is encrypted.

I have set the logging options on the phones to Event-3 for SIP.

All I see when I place an Intercom call is "Non-Invite trans state 'callingTrying'

Should I be able to see this Intercom Header in the Invite through the phone logs as the call goes out even though it is HTTPS to the hosted server?

Just trying to understand how I can confirm the phone is sending this info correctly before I try to re-engage the Hosted Provider.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello Phoneman,

Event 3 will not show you the full SIP Debug as already outlined in the suggested FAQ posts. Please ensure you are following the FAQ posts as they are there to help you.

Please post your MAC address so I can lookup who your Tier 1 support would be.

Please be aware that if the phone in question is out of warranty a PPI / Pay Per Incident Feed is required.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

64167F0949D5

HP Recommended

Hello,

WESTCON MIDDLE EAST LTD sold this phone back in 28/03/2017.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Can you provide a support email for them?

I am assuming the phone is under warranty for 1 year at least?

In the event I cannot get a response from them am I able to get support through Polycom?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello Phoneman,

You should be able to find this using a search engine. They are your Tier 1 support and they are able to open a case with us if they are unable to help you.

End Customers cannot open a case with Polycom.

replied via a mobile device

HP Recommended

Okay, so I am really working to figure this out.  My Intercom calls are not being answered Handfree like the example shows they should.  Just wondering if my logic on this is correct.

I have loaded the examples for Intercom_called_calling_Phone.cfg shared in this previous post.

http://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP/FAQ-How-can-I-change-my-Ringtone-or-Ring-in-a-special-manner-fo...

Thought 1:

When I place a call using the Intercom button the trace I capture in Wireshark shows this:  Alert-Info: Test

If I am understanding the Example referenced earlier, It should show this: Alert-Info: intercom-Test

It indicates the "Intercom" portion is hardcoded.

When I read the configuration from the phone it shows this: voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.1.class="ringAutoAnswer"
voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.1.value="Test"

Thought 2:

When I wireshark the Invite coming to the Destination phone, I don't see the Alert-Info field in the header.  Wondering if the provider is not passing this through?

Any thoughts, experience, direction would be appreciated.  The provier is Vonage Business Essentials.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello Phoneman,

this is my final response.

So far you have not provided the minimum required logs as outlined in the correct logging levels so we do not know what is happening on the phone or even what software version you are testing this.

In a good known scenario between two phones:

• Phone A is the calling phone aka initiating the Intercom
    download and unzip IntercomExamples.zip and import via the Web Interface the Intercom_callingPhone.cfg

• Phone B is the called phone receiving the Intercom call
    download and unzip IntercomExamples.zip and import via the Web Interface the Intercom_calledPhone.cfg

Get a set of logs from the phone or a wireshark on the phone end so you can see what the phone actually sends.

You can of course download and unzip IntercomExamples.zip and import via the Web Interface  the Intercom_called_calling_Phone.cfg on all phones which desire this functionality.

If you are unable to follow these instructions your next escalation route has already been outlined.

If your Service Provider strips this out (I would be surprised) then you simply cannot use this feature.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Thanks

I am trying to provide the requested info here.  It seems there is lots of sensitive data in the files, so I have just posted part of them.  If I need to provide the complete file with redacted parts, I can do so.  I hope my attempt at providing relevant Info is acceptable.

I am not an expert, but here are my conclusions:

1. The Alert-Info I see going out does not contain the "Intercom" word as the example shows.  Not sure if this is an issue or if things have changed since this was written.

2. It seems the Alert_Info: Test is being sent but not received back to the called phone.

VVX411

UC Software Version 5.5.1.11526 Updater Version 5.7.1.13261

VVX501

UC Software Version 5.4.1.17954 Updater Version 5.6.1.23317

I have used the provided "Intercom_calling_called_Phone.cfg files

This does provide an Intercom softkey on the phones.

Here is config Info downloaded from the phones (It differs a bit from the example you sent as it does not say intercom-Test, rather it just shows Test.

VVX411 Config 

voIpProt.server.1.expires="300"
voIpProt.server.1.failOver.reRegisterOn="1"
voIpProt.server.1.retryMaxCount="6"
voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.1.class="ringAutoAnswer"
voIpProt.SIP.requestValidation.1.method="source"
voIpProt.SIP.requestValidation.1.request="INVITE"

VVX511 Config

voIpProt.server.1.expires="300"
voIpProt.server.1.failOver.reRegisterOn="1"
voIpProt.server.1.retryMaxCount="6"
voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.1.class="ringAutoAnswer"
voIpProt.SIP.requestValidation.1.method="source"
voIpProt.SIP.requestValidation.1.request="INVITE"

Logs from Phones

VVX411 (shows Alert-Info being sent)

1002191140|sipt |0|00| Allow-Events: conference,talk,hold
1002191140|sipt |0|00| Alert-Info: Test

VVX501

(no instance of "test" when log is searched)

Wireshark Captures

INVITE coming from the VVX411

Allow-Events: conference,talk,hold
Alert-Info: Test

INVITE coming to the VVX501 (no "test" is found when this trace is received)

I did not include the full capture as it contains private info and I did not think it would do much good by the time I removed it all.

HP Recommended

Hello Phoneman,

I had a brief test this morning and I updated the FAQ post as we no longer send the Intercom hardcoded part and simply use the value only from the VoIpProt.SIP.intercom.alertInfo parameter.

Nevertheless if this value does not arrive on the Intercom called phone then your provider is stripping this out and therefore you are unable to use this functionality.

You need to work with your Provider on this and there is nothing Polycom can do from our end.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.