Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

When i connect my polycom to laptop via USB cable it disconnects internet on laptop. It started happening after upgrade to new software. What can i do with it?

error is: RT|Network rndis0 link went down

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @pawel.wojt ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

It would have been a good idea to point out from what software you upgraded to which as this may affect the answer we can provide.

Most likely this has to do with the new pass through capability (we assume this as you have not shared any backup or full logs).

This is an issue on the PC as most likely the policy will not allow more than one network connection and the USB connection is treated as such.

Some information from a case I dealt with via the official support channel ( 1-15134995033 😞

If you still have an issue, and none of the other volunteers has anything to add, please open a ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they may need to do this for you.

End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support. Available End User Poly services offerings are detailed here

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Poly devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Poly device from.

If the unit is no longer within the warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

this are full logs:

0729144528|cfg |*|00|RT|Network rndis0 link went up
0729144528|clist|4|00|dbSet::load:cleared load error state m_sync=<0x40>
0729144528|copy |4|00|Configuration of URL failed
0729144528|copy |5|00|At sendStatusToUptimeAnalytics -> Error getting config from url '(null)'
0729144528|clist|4|00|dbIO::processResult:no host
0729144528|clist|4|00|dbSet::srv2mem:'0004f2fe9a7d-directory.xml' File transfer failed, trying to get local file
0729144528|copy |4|00|Configuration of URL failed
0729144528|copy |5|00|At sendStatusToUptimeAnalytics -> Error getting config from url '(null)'
0729144528|clist|4|00|dbIO::processResult:no host
0729144528|clist|4|00|dbSet::srv2mem:'000000000000-directory.xml' File transfer failed, trying to get local file
0729144530|cfg |*|00|RT|Network rndis0 link went up
0729144553|ldap |4|00|ldapData::ldapConnBind:ldap_x_bind_s - rc=0xffffffff <Can't contact LDAP server>
0729144553|ldap |4|00|ldapData::ldapConnBind:ldap_x_bind_s - rc=0xffffffff <Can't contact LDAP server>
0729144646|usba |*|00|Backing File successfully refreshed
0729144646|cfg |*|00|RT|Network rndis0 link went down
HP Recommended

Hello @pawel.wojt ,

You still have not told us from what software you upgraded to and what is the new software version. Also, you have not shared a backup.

I already provided you with information on how to troubleshoot your PC end and more details can be found >here<

The next step would be working with your reseller as this is not a Trio issue but an issue on your PC not allowing a 2nd network connection.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Upgrade from 5.4.5.9658 to 5.9.4.6846.

I don't think this is the problem with computers. Before this upgrade everything was working just fine.

HP Recommended

Hello @pawel.wojt ,

Since Trio UC Software 5.9.2 we added the passthrough ability so you can use the Visual+/VisualPro Camera and the Trio Microphone and speaker on a connected PC.

Jan 23, 2020 Question: Can a Poly share its Camera, Speaker and Microphone with a PC?

Resolution: A Poly Trio paired with a Visual+/VisualPro can use the passthrough software since UC Software 5.9.2 as shown >here<

and

Jan 30, 2020 Question: How can I troubleshoot Poly Passthrough issues using a Poly Trio?

Resolution: Please check >here<

The default configuration for this has this enabled aka when you plug a USB cable into the PC a 2nd Network is created so you can use the Passthrough software.

It seems a policy on your PC will not allow this and therefore disconnects the other network.

You, therefore, have 2 options:

• Disable the feature on the Trio aka set mr.devicePassThrough.usb.enabled="0" but you will lose the ability as outlined above
  • Change the policy on your PC to enable multiple networks as already shared in my original reply

If you still struggle please open a ticket with your reseller.

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they may need to do this for you.

End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support. Available End User Poly services offerings are detailed here

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Poly devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Poly device from.

If the unit is no longer within the warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.