Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello, I have a red triangular flashing icon on the top right my VVX410 phone. I know that it means that the phone isn't able to connect to the NTP server, this is not true since I did a wireshark looking for the ntp protocol and saw the exchange happening real time.

The phone software is running on:

UC Software Version 5.5.0.20556   

I did set the ntp server from the web browser configuration and my setting are as follows:

Override DHCP's SNTP Server: Yes

SNTP Server: pool.ntp.org

SNTP Resync Period (s): 86400

Override DHCP's Time Zone: Yes

Time Zone: (GMT -5:00)Eastern time (US & Canada)

Alternate Time Zone: (GMT -5:00)Eastern time (US & Canada)

I tried different firmware and realized that I did not have that error on the following ones:

4.1.4.7430 --No problem

4.1.7.1210 --No problem

5.0.0.6874 --No problem

Firmwares that had the triangular flashing icon on the top right:

I am unsure on what to do now, the flashing icon is very annoying and not enjoyable for my clients. I have tried to set the configuration in the template.cfg from my provisioning server and I still have the same issue.

Thanks,

Bumbaa

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Bumbaa,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jul 11, 2014 Question: What is the warning indication / triangle that shows on the phone since UCS 5.1.1?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

If you NTP would not work the time would flash and display the wrong time.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello Bumbaa,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jul 11, 2014 Question: What is the warning indication / triangle that shows on the phone since UCS 5.1.1?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

If you NTP would not work the time would flash and display the wrong time.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.