Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Polycom vvx410 NTP synching error, red triangular flashing icon top right of phone screen.

SOLVED
Bumbaa
Occasional Advisor

Polycom vvx410 NTP synching error, red triangular flashing icon top right of phone screen.

Hello, I have a red triangular flashing icon on the top right my VVX410 phone. I know that it means that the phone isn't able to connect to the NTP server, this is not true since I did a wireshark looking for the ntp protocol and saw the exchange happening real time.

The phone software is running on:

UC Software Version 5.5.0.20556   

I did set the ntp server from the web browser configuration and my setting are as follows:

Override DHCP's SNTP Server: Yes

SNTP Server: pool.ntp.org

SNTP Resync Period (s): 86400

Override DHCP's Time Zone: Yes

Time Zone: (GMT -5:00)Eastern time (US & Canada)

Alternate Time Zone: (GMT -5:00)Eastern time (US & Canada)

I tried different firmware and realized that I did not have that error on the following ones:

4.1.4.7430 --No problem

4.1.7.1210 --No problem

5.0.0.6874 --No problem

Firmwares that had the triangular flashing icon on the top right:

I am unsure on what to do now, the flashing icon is very annoying and not enjoyable for my clients. I have tried to set the configuration in the template.cfg from my provisioning server and I still have the same issue.

Thanks,

Bumbaa

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Polycom vvx410 NTP synching error, red triangular flashing icon top right of phone screen.

Hello Bumbaa,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jul 11, 2014 Question: What is the warning indication / triangle that shows on the phone since UCS 5.1.1?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

If you NTP would not work the time would flash and display the wrong time.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Polycom vvx410 NTP synching error, red triangular flashing icon top right of phone screen.

Hello Bumbaa,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jul 11, 2014 Question: What is the warning indication / triangle that shows on the phone since UCS 5.1.1?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

If you NTP would not work the time would flash and display the wrong time.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2