Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Client has several Polycom VVX 600's deployed and registered against Microsoft Lync.

When off-hook dialilng, the phone sends INVITE immediately after only two digits are dialed.

I originally suspected the issue to be related to the digitmap, but reviewing I have the following:

[2-9]11|0T|011xxx.T|[0-1][2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx

Not seeing anything there that would match with only two digits...

Anyone else run into this?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello denislemire,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Two questions,

• What software Version is running on the VVX600?
  • What Digits combination are you dialing?

You may need to raise this with your Polycom reseller to bring this to the attention of Polycom support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

It was running 4.1.2.22625, but I upgraded to the latest - 4.1.3.6827 in order to further troubleshoot.

The specific digits don't appear to matter.

eg) I can try dialing 778 888 xxxx and 604 699 xxxx. It'll send a call with just 77 or 60 respectively.

Edit: redacted the last four digits as these are real phone numbers.

HP Recommended

Hello, denislemire,

as suggested I would recommend to work with your Polycom reseller as this needs the attention of Polycom support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello, denislemire,

not sure if you followed this up as advised but changing the support objetc to event 3 via the Web Interface or using

log.level.change.so="3"

in a configuration file should enable you to see the used digitmap in the logs.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Were you able to resolve this?   I also see this behavior (trying to dial before a Lync dial plan has been matched).

Interestingly (but perhaps totally unrelated),  I see this message in the phone's log

0210190034|utilm|4|00|Failed to Convert MicroSoft Dial plan: ^(\+)?(\d\d)(\s?\(?0\)?\s?)?([\s\d]{9}\d+)
0210190034|utilm|4|00|Failed to Convert MicroSoft Dial plan: ^(\+)?011([\s\d]+)
0210190034|utilm|4|00|Failed to Convert all the MicroSoft(Lync) Dial plans

Yet the patterns appear in the Lync Status view in the web UI.

^(\+)?(\d\d)(\s?\(?0\)?\s?)?([\s\d]{9}\d+)$    ->    +$2$4
^(\+)?011([\s\d]+)$    ->    +$2

HP Recommended

Hello hkelly,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

For the unrelated LYNC Dial Plan issue I suggest you open a new post.

For the timeouts please be aware of the following:

• Off Hook

dialplan.1.lyncdigitmap.timeout="x" 

where x would be a value larger than 3. The standard for this is 3 seconds.

• On Hook
dialplan.userDial.timeOut="x".

where x would be a value larger than 3. The standard for this is 3 seconds.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.