Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

Our office uses a Broadsoft platform, my issue is I've got a Polycom VVX500. My primary line Ext 8573 and I've got one Shared Call Apperance Ext 8560. If no lines are active I take my headset off hook I hook my primary line nothing wrong with that. My issue comes when my SCA line is active and I take my head set off hook I hook my SCA line. I find this to be of no benefit and worse an issue because that SCA line is my Bosses' and I don't want to pluse out that line. Can you advise me what I tell my engineers to chnage in the config file so this stops. 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello kguenzel,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used UC Software version as issues experienced or a question asked may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes, Administrator Guides or FAQ post’s.

The above is also stated in the "Read First"

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP or UC Software Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

In addition why do you need to busy yourself out ? Can you not simply DND yourself ?

I would discuss this with your BroadWorks Engineer who can find the best method.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

The UC version is 5.4.0, and Broadsoft engieers still haven't got an answer. The issue is when a have a SCA line and on an active call using that SCA line and it's not my Primary line I place that call on hold, at this point I go to make a second call outbound and it hooks the SCA line which is very on professional becasue I now am pulsing out the SCA lines caller ID which could be someone like my Bosses line or my personal home line. 

HP Recommended

And I can offer any thing you may need like .config file or a PCAP 

HP Recommended

Sorry I've noticed I've explained the issue a bit wrong. 

Let me start over I have a SCA of my bosses line on my VVX 500 if my boss is on his line and I go to use MY device it will hook his line for my outbound call even though it's not my primary line. It will only hook his line if he is on an active call. 

Here's why this is very bad I'll offer one more example

If I've got a VVX 500 at home one at my office and my home line as a SCA on my office phone. Someone at home picks up my home line is on an active call and I pick up my office phone to make an outbound call I will hook my home line make a call to say a very important client and let's say we hang up and they want to add to the convo so they use the number I called from and call my home line and a 12 year kid picks up since I called from my home line not noticing. 

HP Recommended

I have a video of the live scenario is there a way I can attach it here?

HP Recommended

Hello kguenzel,

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jan 22, 2014 Question: How can I prevent the phone from automatically accessing a line when the Handset is lifted?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The above prevents the phone to access the line when you lift the handset or use your headset. You have to manually select the line you want to use.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.