Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Polycom VVX500

OS Version 4.0.1.13922

Plantronics Savi Office WO300 headset, Plantronics Voyager Pro UC

Connected via USB

Muting is unreliable when using the headset. Muting from either the button on the phone, or the button on the headset, has the same behavior. When either button is pressed the phone seems to quickly mute and then un-mute, so the result is that you are not muted. Oddly enough, it will occasionally work as it should. This behavior is the same with either headset, and has been replicated on two separate phones and three separate headsets. All other features, including EHS (Electronic Hook Switch) seem to work fine.

I have searched the documentation and the community and cannot find a resolution. Does anyone know how to get this working correctly?

Thanks,

dcedte

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello dcedte,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

A good starting point would be to upgrade the phone to a supported version. UCS 4.0.4 or even UCS 4.1.5 are suggested versions.

Once this is done you can use the phone's web interface or a provisioning server to check the phones log files.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Steffen,

Thank you for the suggestion. There is a Polycom document (Feature Profile #37477) that lists the VVX500 running 4.0.1 as compatible with the Plantronics Voyager headset. Is there a known issue with this compatibility?

Thanks,

dcedte

HP Recommended

Hello dcedte,

Polycom regularly updates or fixes their software. There may be a possibility that a bug exists in an older version and therefore it is advisable to upgrade the phone to the latest version.

If you then still encounter an issue the next step is to escalate this via your Polycom reseller and/or Polycom support directly.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Steffen,

Updating blindly is not the simple solution you present it as being. Upgrading is not always an available solution as many service providers only allow you to use an OS they have explicitely certified. I may be able to do so, but would prefer to take such action only when I know it will resolve the issue. If there is no known issue with the current OS, then why introduce another unknown by upgrading? Do you know of any Plantronics headset compatibility issues with 4.0.1 that are resolved by the latest OS?

Thanks,

dcedte

HP Recommended

Hello dcedte,

from a Polycom support perspective it is irrelevant what a provider may consider their supported version as we usually only support the current version and one version back.

It depends on the provider itself if Polycom, should a bug be found in their evaluated version, to fix on an older software or require the provider to upgrade to a later version.

The release notes for our software versions are publicly available and I did a quick check and could not see any fixes in relation to USB dongles.

Checking in our internal database I found some reference to the Plantronics USB BT headset's so as a suggestion could you try to pair your headset using the Bluetooth functionality the phone offers rather than using the USB dongle?

In order to follow this up correctly you still would need to raise this via your Polycom reseller and/or Polycom support directly.

Once you do so please quote VOIP-88531.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Steffen,

Thank you again for your responses. Since no-one has any other suggestions, and I cannot find any other information about this problem I will try to update the OS to see if that resolves the issue. I will post my results should I get that done.

dcedte

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.