Occasional Visitor

Problem updating BootROM Software on SoundStation IP 7000

Current settings:

Phone Information
Phone Model     SoundStation IP 7000
Part Number     3111-40000-001 Rev:P
UC Software Version     4.0.11.0583
BootROM Software Version     5.0.5.2324

On phone support page there is new updater Polycom_UC_Updater_5_0_11_rts2_release_sig.

I set provisioning  server and extracted booth latest UCS and mentioned updater in folder and can see that phone is connecting to FTP.

Tried to reboot, restart unplug....bootroom software does not get updated. AFAIK bootrom was renamed to updater.

Used this instructions:

http://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP/FAQ-How-can-I-setup-my-Phone-Provisioning-Download-Upgrade/td-p...

How can I update phone?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Problem updating BootROM Software on SoundStation IP 7000

Hello spricer,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Please avoid renaming any files and try again.

If it still fails please post some logs.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 4
Occasional Visitor

Hi Steffen,

sorry for bad wording. I have NOTrenamed anything but just mentioned that was reading somewhere that file convention was changed from before when "bootrom" name was used.

Log files do not report any FPT activity but I can see connection in  FTP log files as well  MAC-app.log and MAC-boot.log are being transfered.

I attached some repeating lines from MAC-boot.log

Message 3 of 4
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello spricer,

you have not attached anything.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 4