Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Problem with FailOver Polycom VVX-310

Occasional Contributor

Problem with FailOver Polycom VVX-310

We have a PBX with failover configured.
We want to configure our Polycom 310 to register automatically on the first-server.  
If the first-server is Out-of-service, they will register automatically across backup-server.

This does not work.
The Polycom phones send registration requests to both servers simultaneously.

What is the problem???

This is the config file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<polycomConfig xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="polycomConfig.xsd">
<device device.baseProfile="Generic" ></device>
<reg reg.1.server.1.address="10.2.10.157" reg.1.server.1.failOver.failBack.mode="newRequests" reg.1.server.1.failOver.failBack.timeout="10" reg.1.server.1.failOver.failRegistrationOn="1" reg.1.server.1.failOver.onlySignalWithRegistered="1" reg.1.server.1.failOver.reRegisterOn="0" reg.1.server.1.port="5060" reg.1.server.1.register="1" reg.1.server.1.transport="UDPOnly" reg.1.server.1.useOutboundProxy="1" reg.1.server.H323.1.address="" reg.1.server.H323.1.expires="3600" reg.1.server.H323.1.port="0"

reg.1.server.2.address="10.2.10.158" reg.1.server.2.failOver.failBack.mode="newRequests" reg.1.server.2.failOver.failBack.timeout="3600" reg.1.server.2.failOver.failRegistrationOn="1" reg.1.server.2.failOver.onlySignalWithRegistered="1" reg.1.server.2.failOver.reRegisterOn="0" reg.1.server.2.port="5060" reg.1.server.2.register="1" reg.1.server.2.transport="UDPOnly" reg.1.server.2.useOutboundProxy="1" reg.1.server.H323.2.address="" reg.1.server.H323.2.expires="3600" reg.1.server.H323.2.port="0">
</reg>
</polycomConfig>

Thanks and regards, Juan

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Problem with FailOver Polycom VVX-310

Hello Juan,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Try this:

reg.1.address="username"
voIpProt.server.1.address=""
voIpProt.server.1.expires="180"
voIpProt.server.1.port="5060"
voIpProt.server.1.transport="TCPOnly"
voIpProt.SIP.tcpFastFailover="1"
voIpProt.server.1.retryMaxCount="3"
voIpProt.server.1.retryTimeOut="500"
voIpProt.SIP.outboundProxy.address="Server"
voIpProt.SIP.outboundProxy.failOver.reRegisterOn="1"
voIpProt.SIP.outboundProxy.failOver.failBack.timeout="3600"
voIpProt.SIP.outboundProxy.failOver.failRegistrationOn="1"
voIpProt.SIP.outboundProxy.failOver.onlySignalWithRegistered="1"

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 8
Occasional Contributor

Hi Steffen Baier.

I am very grateful for your help, but i have a question about your answer;

In the configuration that you recomended me:

reg.1.address="username"
voIpProt.server.1.address=""
voIpProt.server.1.expires="180"
voIpProt.server.1.port="5060"
voIpProt.server.1.transport="TCPOnly"
voIpProt.SIP.tcpFastFailover="1"
voIpProt.server.1.retryMaxCount="3"
voIpProt.server.1.retryTimeOut="500"
voIpProt.SIP.outboundProxy.failOver.reRegisterOn="1"
voIpProt.SIP.outboundProxy.failOver.failBack.timeout="3600"
voIpProt.SIP.outboundProxy.failOver.failRegistrationOn="1"
voIpProt.SIP.outboundProxy.failOver.onlySignalWithRegistered="1"

- Where i put the address of second server?

Your configuration indicates only one parameter for ip-address 

- Maybe repeat this command with the second ip-address? 

Thanks and regards

Juan

Message 3 of 8
Occasional Contributor

Hi Steffen Baier.

I have another questions about this case.

Your option, can be used with UDP or only TCP?
Our configuration is stablished with UDP... Any problem?

Thanks and regards

Juanito_TVision

Message 4 of 8

Hello Juan,

apologize for the delay.

You would simply use a FQDN for the server. Both IP addresses would be added on your network end.

TCP is considered a reliable transport mechanism.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 5 of 8
Occasional Contributor

Hi Steffen.

Our customer not accept these solution, he need to know where is connected every phone.

He reclaims the solution that have two servers active/standby, and from the phone´s configuration registers it against the server 1 or 2, depending what server is active.

Polycom can perform it?

Thankls and regards!

Message 6 of 8

Hello Juanito_TVision,

I suggest you raise a ticket with your Polycom reseller.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you. In case this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post your phone's MAC address so I can look up who would be able to support you.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Message 7 of 8
Occasional Contributor

Hi Steffen

Thank you very much for your supprt.

I will raise a ticket with my Polycom vendor.

If they can give me a solution, I will publish in this community.

See you!;-)

Message 8 of 8