Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Problem with SoundPoint IP 650 Phone

Occasional Visitor

Problem with SoundPoint IP 650 Phone

I am having trouble changing the incoming call settings on the phones. When someone calls the office they are sent to a recording after 2 rings and asked to dial an extension or leave a voice mail. The phone in the office never rings and nothing comes up on the phone display when I placed a test call from my cell phone. I would like to set up the phones so that we have the option of physically answering the phone. Can anyone help me figure out how to do this? 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Problem with SoundPoint IP 650 Phone

Hello mgraham6,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It s often useful to state if this for example ever worked or only recently started to behave like this.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I check out the Registration Status of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Above can be used to check if the phone if even registered. You did not provide any information if you can actually make an outgoing call.

In addition it could be something as simple as DND being activated.

For further troubleshooting you may want to work with whoever setup your phones.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 2