Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Problem with Soundstation Duo when connect PC

SOLVED
Occasional Visitor

Problem with Soundstation Duo when connect PC

Hi All

I have a problem when I connect Soundstation Duo to PC via Computer Calling Cable.

http://i.imgur.com/ibaCZEh.jpg

As you can see, when I connect IP Phone to commputer I can use it for internet call like Skype ok. But It can not recieve any Voice IP call as well as dial to other. The light indicator is always solid green  . I can not cancel the call that you see on my IP Phone. I only can dial voice ip calling when I unplug the cable or press Hold button( when press Hold the light indicator turn to red).

Anyone can help me solve this problem, please

I want when I  plug the cable, I can use for internet calling and also recive voice ip calling from other, without press Hold button and unplug the cable. Is it possible ?

Thanks 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Problem with Soundstation Duo when connect PC

Hello leehoang,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

This is working as designed and explained => here <= on Page 40 and 41

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 4
Occasional Visitor

Hi SteffenBaier,

Thanks for sharing that document. 

1. It worked properly, when I connect to the computer I can recieve a Voice IP call, but somtime It become misscall just for seconds.

How to keep along time when other calling via voice ip ?

2. I has a new problem, I can sync time to ssduo with local time. I access a webpage and configure . After reboot phone, the time remained unchange.

Here is my ip phone status: status

I use DHCP on windows server 2008, and Windows Time Service to sync time via dhcp. The phone can get IP properly but the time still unchange

This is >>  App log and Boot log << on boot.

How I can config IP phone to sync time via DHCP

Thanks,

Message 3 of 4
Occasional Visitor

Hi All,

I find out the reason that IP phone can not sync time. I added option 42 (NTP Servers) for DHCP. After restart, IP Phone sync time with local time properly.

Thanks,

Message 4 of 4