Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We have a VVX300 which we have programmed, after factory reset, for SIP calls. The UC Software Version is 5.2.0.8330 and Updater Version  is 5.4.0.8782. Whether we use the default US Digimap, a UK Digimap or no Digimap at all, all phone numbers are truncated by the phone to 11 digits, insufficient for international calls from the UK. Is there an additional setting controlling the number length? We program the phone via the web interface. Thanks in advance for any advice.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you for your help with this problem which I have now solved.

I set up an ftp server and could see that the numbers were being dialled correctly. The problem was caused by my firmware-updated FritzBox which was blocking international calls on new extensions in a way that was not immediately obvious. (I had looked at the settings previously.) The truncation only applied to the display of dialled numbers and that had fooled me.

I still have a phone that I cannot update but at least it can make national and  international calls. My server currently only has three files, boot.log, calls.xml and directory.xml, but maybe more will appear later.

Thanks again.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello @RogerUK ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Both the communities Must Read First and the FAQ reference the basic minimum information a new or follow up post should contain.

This ensures the questions having to be asked are limited and any new or follow up post contains the right amount of details to ensure any voluntary participant within the community does not spend additional time chasing basic information.

As a reminder the basic information asked for:

• Provide the exact Software Version of your Phone
  • Provide the Phone Model
  • Provide the Call Platform (aka openSIP,Teams, Skype for Business Online, Skype for Business on Premise, Lync)
  • Provide details if UC / SIP or ObiEdition
  • Additional Poly Infrastructure (RPRM,PDMS or BToE)
  • If applicable provide a backup of the phone in question

UC Software 4.0.0 or later via the Web Interface Utilities > Phone Backup & Restore > Phone Backup > Phone Backup. Please rename into .TXT or Zip the file to attach.
Since UC Software 5.9.0 simply provide this via the Web Interface Diagnostics > Download Support Information Package

• If possible provide a Log and either attach them or use the Code Tag.Consult the Troubleshooting Section found within the FAQ if applicable
  • If possible provide the MAC Address or Serial of the device
  • Provide details for example if the issue is a day 1 issue or only happened after an upgrade or any other relevant details
  • For questions around Support please check here

Whilst providing some of these details may not directly impact any possible answer the community can provide, it does enable Poly to have an overview of the current software used. In addition, providing all details at the same time allow us to check logs or look up potential support partners if an issue needs to come into support. It also enables us to verify the entitlement for using features.

I am still struggling to understand what the actual issue is.

• Do you see this on inbound calls?
  • Do you see this on outbound calls?
  • Do you see this on Speed Dials?
  • Have you tested this with a currently supported software like UC Software 5.9.3 yet?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply.

Here are details of the phone.

Phone Model VVX 300

Part Number 3111-46135-002 Rev:A

MAC Address 00:04:F2:C5:B8:F4

IP Address

UC Software Version 5.2.0.8330

Updater Version 5.4.0.8782

We are using this phone to connect to a VOIP router (Fritz!Box7490) via standard SIP. We have several Cisco SPA500 series phones connected to the same VOIP router, which do not exhibit this issue.

There is no non-standard additional Poly Infrastructure (RPRM,PDMS or BToE) that I am aware of.

I have attached a backup of the phone as a zip file.

This issue does not send any text to the log in the diagnostics section of the web interface.

The issue has arisen when I factory reset our phone and programmed it to work with a new provider via our VOIP router. It has been consistent for three days. The same behaviour is observed with the default digitmap, the current UK digitmap and NO digitmap.

The issue applies to OUTBOUND calls and is that if I enter via phone the number 00447777123456, this will be truncated to 00447777123.and so not connect. It also arises with calls to other overseas countries. Trying to call the same number set as a favourite does not display the truncated number but fails to connect in the same way by giving the tone of a incorrect number. There is no problem with inbound calls.

I have not been able to upgrade the software as attempts to do so via the web interface by selecting 5.9.3.2857 and hitting install appears to work but actually make no change to the phone which does not reboot..

HP Recommended

Hello @RogerUK ,

Please ensure you always check the FAQ's and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up posts.

Oct 7, 2011 Question: Phone unable to Dial a number when Off Hook or on 2nd Call in a Conference or Digitmap issues

Resolution: Please check => here <=

and

May 11, 2018 Question: Why do I get a "Failed to fetch available software from the Poly hosted server" error message or able to download list but unable to upgrade/downgrade?

Resolution: Please ensure your firewall allows outbound network traffic as shown  => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply.

Oct 7, 2011 Question: Phone unable to Dial a number when Off Hook or on 2nd Call in a Conference or Digitmap issues

Thank you but I had seen this and tried the example UK digitmap here in original and modified form and another UK digitmap from another web page. None of these attempts have solve the problem.

and

May 11, 2018 Question: Why do I get a "Failed to fetch available software from the Poly hosted server" error message or able to download list but unable to upgrade/downgrade?

Thank you but this does not refer to an identical problem to mine. In my case I can connect to the download server and apparently download the update. The messages that I get are

“Current software version: 5.2.0.8330
Selected software version: 5.9.3.2857
Phone will be upgraded with Polycom Hosted server software.
Do you really want to upgrade phone software?”

Then on yes:

“The phone will reboot and be updated only if the software you selected is compatible and different from the currently installed version.
Note:The phone has either rebooted/restarted due to configuration changes. Please refresh the browser after the phone startup.”

Thanks,

Roger

HP Recommended

Hello @RogerUK ,

from the 1st FAQ:

You can easily remove all the entries and not let the phone decide what it should call:

NoDigitMap.PNG

Did you try this? If not can you provide logs of the issue as explained in the FAQ?

For the 2nd issue, the same question about logs is applicable.

Simply set up a Provisioning server to get logs/software updates.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Yes, I did try a blank digitmap and observed the same behaviour. 

I don't use a provisioning server, but will try and set one up as suggested.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help with this problem which I have now solved.

I set up an ftp server and could see that the numbers were being dialled correctly. The problem was caused by my firmware-updated FritzBox which was blocking international calls on new extensions in a way that was not immediately obvious. (I had looked at the settings previously.) The truncation only applied to the display of dialled numbers and that had fooled me.

I still have a phone that I cannot update but at least it can make national and  international calls. My server currently only has three files, boot.log, calls.xml and directory.xml, but maybe more will appear later.

Thanks again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.