Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Buenas tardes

Estoy teniendo un problema con equipos vvx configurados previamente con  skype

me gustaria saber como eliminar toda la configuracion de skype por que al hacer un cambio de firmware sigue tomando el firm de skype, y me preguntaba si para eliminar todo eso habria que cambiar algo en el archivo de configuracion, el firmware que estoy tratando de usar es el 5.8.0.12848

Muchas gracias,

Saludos

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @J.Silva,

As already replied a factory reset should be actioned either via the Web Interface or the MKC

Oct 10, 2011 Question: How can I reset / Factory default my Phones configuration?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

In addition either via the Web Interface or the 1,4 and 9 MKC you can change the base profile.

You can also do this via a provisioning file on booting up:

device.set="1"
		device.baseProfile.set="1"
		device.baseProfile="Generic"

You cannot factory restore the phone via configuration and I am unsure why you would have purchased phones in Skype for Business base profile for an openSIP installation.

For anything else , if the community cannot help you further, please open a ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

End Customers are unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

If the unit is no longer within warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @J.Silva,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

Support within the community is in English only.

Simply factory default your unit and set the base profile to Generic aka openSIP

If this all fails our Support Organization can support you in Spanish.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks changing to general and register the extension
but I still can not remove the skype interface and take the broadsoft,
there is something else I should do?

Regards

HP Recommended

I was reviewing other cases of something similar and found this

Simply press 1,5 and 3 together to factory reset.
After this comes back press 1,4 and 9 together to set to Generic Profile.

this configuration can be done by means of configuration file????

HP Recommended

Hello @J.Silva,

As already replied a factory reset should be actioned either via the Web Interface or the MKC

Oct 10, 2011 Question: How can I reset / Factory default my Phones configuration?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

In addition either via the Web Interface or the 1,4 and 9 MKC you can change the base profile.

You can also do this via a provisioning file on booting up:

device.set="1"
		device.baseProfile.set="1"
		device.baseProfile="Generic"

You cannot factory restore the phone via configuration and I am unsure why you would have purchased phones in Skype for Business base profile for an openSIP installation.

For anything else , if the community cannot help you further, please open a ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

End Customers are unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

If the unit is no longer within warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.