Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Good morning,

We have been trying to update the firmware on our IP6000, and been unsuccessful. We downloaded the BootROM 4.4.0 B Upgrader as well as the UC Software 4.0.1 and unzipped the files, we then coppied them on a flashdrive anf loaded them on our server in a http format. We then added the server address to the IP6000 so it knew where to locate the files. The phone did a reboot but did not start the update? In fact it took the address completely out of the server address? Not sure what we did wrong.

Regards,

Victoria

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello Victoria,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

This sounds rather unusual.

How to you add the details of the server:

• When the phone is running via the GUI aka Press Menu => Settings => Advanced ... ?
    or
  • When the phone is booting up press setup during the countdown ?

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

The above FAQ post covers software updates in detail.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

We added it by Menu < Settings < Advanced 

HP Recommended

Hello Victoria,

• Did you exit the menu and save the new settings or simply power the phone off?
  • Is the BootServer set to Static in the DHCP Menu or the normal Custom + Option66?
  • Did you try to add the details via the menu yet when the phone powers up?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello,

I exited the menu and saved it. I have the BootSWerver set at Static and I have not tried to add details via menu when powering up, but i can try that now.

HP Recommended

Hello,

I have now tried to add the details via the menu  when the phone powers up and still no progress?

HP Recommended

@SteffenBaierUK wrote:

Hello Victoria,

• Is the BootServer set to Static in the DHCP Menu or the normal Custom + Option66?

Hello Victoria,

again it is tricky if we get basic questions not answered.

• Can you answer the above?
  • Do the Server details still dissapear?
  • Have you tried factory restoring the device?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hello Steffen,

The answer to your questions are as follows:

1: The BootServer is set to " Static" in the DHCP Menu

2: When the phone rebooted the Server Address disapeared under the Server Menu

3: I did a Factory restore by simultaneously pressing 6 8 * on the soft key pad,  re-set the BootServer to Static, and re-entered the Server Address as to where the IP6000 need to be directed to for the software, and saved and existed. The Ip6000 rebooted and samething happen, it cleared the Server Address and did not upgrade software??

HP Recommended

Hello Victoria,

I personally never experienced this so the next step would be to open a Support Ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you. In case this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post your phone's MAC address so I can look up who would be able to support you.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.