Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have been able to set a softbutton on the screen of an IP450 with:

<softkey
   feature.20.name="enhanced-feature-keys"
   softkey.3.label="DND"
   softkey.3.action="$FDoNotDisturb$^*76$Tinvite$"
   softkey.3.enable="1"
   softkey.3.precede="0"
   softkey.3.use.idle="1"
  />

What would I use to accomplish the same thing for the actual physical DND button on an IP650 phone?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello redwolf890,

I have to revert my previous statement regarding the remapping slightly.

You can actually assign a Sub Function to the Key like a Speed Dial Destination.

My test example:

<key key.SPIP650.9.function.prim="SpeedDial" key.SPIP650.9.subPoint.prim="9999"/>

Above assignes Speed Dial 9999 to the DND Hardware Button.

Create a <mac>-directory.xml or add this to the 000000000000-directory.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<!-- $RCSfile: 000000000000-directory~.xml,v $  $Revision: 1.3 $ -->
<directory>
	<item_list>
		<item>
			<ln>DND Function</ln>
			<fn></fn>
			<ct>*76</ct>
			<sd>9999</sd>

</item>
	</item_list>
</directory>

Pressing the DND Button will then dial *76

The only negative bit is that now a Speed Dial Shows on the screen. There may be other ways to do this but this is the quickest I could think off.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello redwolf890,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Looking at the Admin Guide the only permitted values for the <key/> Section are these listed in the Guide.

Currently you can only remap Functions or assign a NULL Value to disable the Key.

The only workaround would be to use a Softkey as above demonstrated feature and then remap the DND Key to the Softkey.

In your example the DND Hardware Button would then mirror Softkey 3.

NOTE: I have not tested this! 

If you are looking in adding enhanced feature key capabilities to the <key/> section I would recommend to open a Feature Request => here <=.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello redwolf890,

I have to revert my previous statement regarding the remapping slightly.

You can actually assign a Sub Function to the Key like a Speed Dial Destination.

My test example:

<key key.SPIP650.9.function.prim="SpeedDial" key.SPIP650.9.subPoint.prim="9999"/>

Above assignes Speed Dial 9999 to the DND Hardware Button.

Create a <mac>-directory.xml or add this to the 000000000000-directory.xml

<directory>
	<item_list>
		<item>
			<ln>DND Function</ln>
			<fn></fn>
			<ct>*76</ct>
			<sd>9999</sd>

</item>
	</item_list>
</directory>

Pressing the DND Button will then dial *76

The only negative bit is that now a Speed Dial Shows on the screen. There may be other ways to do this but this is the quickest I could think off.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Thanks.   This works.

HP Recommended

Hello redwolf890,

I will actually create a FAQ Post for this but I went a bit further so the Phone shows the DND Status:

<key key.SPIP650.9.function.prim="SpeedDial" key.SPIP650.9.subPoint.prim="9999" feature.enhancedFeatureKeys.enabled="1" efk.version="2" efk.efklist.1.mname="DNDFunction"  efk.efklist.1.status="1" efk.efklist.1.label="DNDFunction" efk.efklist.1.action.string="$FDoNotDisturb$^*76$Tinvite$"/>

and the matching <mac>-directory.xml:

<directory>
	<item_list>
		<item>
			<fn>DNDFunction</fn>
			<ct>!DNDFunction</ct>
			<sd>9999</sd>

</item>
	</item_list>
</directory>

Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.