<softkey
   feature.20.name="enhanced-feature-keys"
   softkey.3.label="DND"
   softkey.3.action="$FDoNotDisturb$^*76$Tinvite$"
   softkey.3.enable="1"
   softkey.3.precede="0"
   softkey.3.use.idle="1"
  />

What would I use to accomplish the same thing for the actual physical DND button on an IP650 phone?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Program hard DND button on IP650

Hello redwolf890,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Looking at the Admin Guide the only permitted values for the <key/> Section are these listed in the Guide.

Currently you can only remap Functions or assign a NULL Value to disable the Key.

The only workaround would be to use a Softkey as above demonstrated feature and then remap the DND Key to the Softkey.

In your example the DND Hardware Button would then mirror Softkey 3.

NOTE: I have not tested this! 

If you are looking in adding enhanced feature key capabilities to the <key/> section I would recommend to open a Feature Request => here <=.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 5

Hello redwolf890,

I have to revert my previous statement regarding the remapping slightly.

You can actually assign a Sub Function to the Key like a Speed Dial Destination.

My test example:

<key key.SPIP650.9.function.prim="SpeedDial" key.SPIP650.9.subPoint.prim="9999"/>

Above assignes Speed Dial 9999 to the DND Hardware Button.

Create a <mac>-directory.xml or add this to the 000000000000-directory.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<!-- $RCSfile: 000000000000-directory~.xml,v $  $Revision: 1.3 $ -->
<directory>
	<item_list>
		<item>
			<ln>DND Function</ln>
			<fn></fn>
			<ct>*76</ct>
			<sd>9999</sd>

</item>
	</item_list>
</directory>

Pressing the DND Button will then dial *76

The only negative bit is that now a Speed Dial Shows on the screen. There may be other ways to do this but this is the quickest I could think off.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 3 of 5
Advisor

Thanks.   This works.

Message 4 of 5

Hello redwolf890,

I will actually create a FAQ Post for this but I went a bit further so the Phone shows the DND Status:

<key key.SPIP650.9.function.prim="SpeedDial" key.SPIP650.9.subPoint.prim="9999" feature.enhancedFeatureKeys.enabled="1" efk.version="2" efk.efklist.1.mname="DNDFunction"  efk.efklist.1.status="1" efk.efklist.1.label="DNDFunction" efk.efklist.1.action.string="$FDoNotDisturb$^*76$Tinvite$"/>

and the matching <mac>-directory.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<!-- $RCSfile: 000000000000-directory~.xml,v $  $Revision: 1.3 $ -->
<directory>
	<item_list>
		<item>
			<fn>DNDFunction</fn>
			<ct>!DNDFunction</ct>
			<sd>9999</sd>

</item>
	</item_list>
</directory>

Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Message 5 of 5