Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

All;

I'm having a heck of a time trying to both the blank (hard) keys and soft keys on a bunch of Polycom 500's. It just shouldn't be this hard to do. I guess that the enhanced keys are not available on the 500's. Can someone provide an example of how to program keys?  I would greatly appreciate any help at all.

Thanks;

Frank

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello Frank,

Welcome to the Polycom Community.

The SPIP500 is an End of Life Product and the latest available Software is SIP 2.1.3

To my knowledge the Enhanced Feature Key functionality that enables the remapping of Soft Keys was only introduced in SIP 3.x.x and you are therefore unable to utilize this functionality on your Platform.

Checking the SIP Admin Guide => here <= it shows that the <keys/> feature is what you are after in order to remap the Hardware Keys.

Please check the Feature Descriptions & Technical Notifications Technical Notification 35656 => here <= that explains how to do this on a SPIP3xx. 

In addition I also commented on this Forum Post => here <=

Best Regards 

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Steffan;

Thank you for your reply. Just so I understand what you are saying, are you saying that I cannot program the softkeys on the phone? I'm talking about the keys numbered 25 and 26 on page C-15 in  spip_ssip_Admin_Guide_SIP_3_1.pdf. I would also like to re-program the transfer key so I can do an attended transfer instead. 

Thanks;

Frank

HP Recommended

Frank,

you mention the Polycom 500 and I assume this is the SoundPoint IP500.

The SoundPoint IP 500 as explained above is end of life and the latest Admin Guide is for the SIP Software 2.1.3 with the Admin Guide 2.0 as the Link provided above.

The Admin Guide 3.1 mentioned by you is not compatible with the SoundPoint IP500 and therefore not relevant to this discussion.

Please clarify what Product you are using and then use the correct admin guide.

All programmable Keys and their available Features is listed in the Admin Guide I provided to you (page 31,32 and 33)

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Steffan;

Thank you for your reply. You've been very helpful. Yes, I am using a SoundPoint IP500. I am using software 2.1.3 and would like to program softkeys #25 and #26 and the transfer key as shown in the document soundpoint_ip_soundstation_ip_admin_guide_v2.0.x.pdf on page 31. That would be a tremendous help and allow me to be freed from the customer from hell that I'm working with. Also, is it possible to reprogram the line keys? That's my last question, promise.

Thanks;

Frank

HP Recommended

Frank,

as explained in my original 1st reply the Software running on your SPIP500 simply is not able to change the Softkeys to any other functionality than the interactive options they offer.

The Phone is one of the oldest models and originally the software was not developed to make these changes.

Only newer Phones that run SIP Software 3.x.x can make changes to Softkeys.

The upcoming UCS 4.0.0 will bring additional functionalities for line keys for example but none of these Software Versions will run on the SPIP500.

This is a limitation your customer will have to accept if they are unwilling to invest in some newer Phones with more features.

I hope this answers your question

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.