Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi Polycom.

Is it possible to provision a Screen Saver onto a Polycom VVX410?

Phone specs:

Model: VVX410

UC Software Version 5.8.1.7278
Updater Version 5.9.6.8818

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Paddy ,

all you can do on your VVX is use either:

• Built-in Images using
    		up.screenSaver.enabled="1"
    		up.screenSaver.waitTime="1"

The result is a random Image slideshow:

• Use the Microbrowser
    		up.screenCapture.value="1"
    		up.screenSaver.type="2"
    		mb.idleDisplay.home="http://www.google.com"

Phones with USB ports can, in addition, use a USB stick.

Everything else would be a feature request:

Jan 03, 2013 Question: How can I request a change aka feature request to the current Polycom SIP / UC Software?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hello @Paddy ,

welcome back to the Poly Community.

Preferences > Additional Preferences > Screen Saver Settings

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen.

Thanks for the reponse, im referring to auto provisioning the screensaver.

We have 100 plus Polycom VVX410s and I rather not go though every phone to manually insert a screensaver and plus we want to upload a custom screensaver so is it possible to provisioning a custom screensaver onto a VVX410?

HP Recommended
Hi

Provision one phone and take a backup or check the parameters shown on the right hand site in the web interface

Replied via a mobile device

HP Recommended

Hi Polycom.

So I enabled the screensaver on the phone and exported the configuration and here are the results:

Im currently using the "Default" screensaver but it doesnt tell me that in the exported file.

I can see in the site cfg file the below:

cat site.cfg

<up.screenSaver up.screenSaver.enabled="0" up.screenSaver.waitTime="15">
</up.screenSaver>

Again I cannot find where do I upload the custom screensaver. It would be handy to upload a custom screensaver and rename it to be default and over-writing the current screensaver but i'm unsure can it be done.

Can Polycom please confirm is it possible to upload a custom screensaver?

HP Recommended

Hello @Paddy ,

all you can do on your VVX is use either:

• Built-in Images using

The result is a random Image slideshow:

• Use the Microbrowser
    		up.screenCapture.value="1"
    		up.screenSaver.type="2"
    		mb.idleDisplay.home="http://www.google.com"

Phones with USB ports can, in addition, use a USB stick.

Everything else would be a feature request:

Jan 03, 2013 Question: How can I request a change aka feature request to the current Polycom SIP / UC Software?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hi Polycom.

Just 1 more question on this. We are now looking at getting a screensaver working with a USB key since the Polycom VVX411 has a USB port I believe.

Can you confirm this is possible and is there any walkthrough on required to get this working? For example what image size will it need to be etc 

HP Recommended

Just put a .jpg on the usb stick in the root, put in the back of the phone. Enable it in the config, or on the phone...don't put a path, it looks at the root.

Of course, if you have anything newer than 5.8.3.x firmware, it will give error messages about the usb device needing a power supply after that.  Bug they won't fix.

I've tried other methods, like the web interface one, doesn't seem to work well at all, or fails.

Only thing is the USB stick, which you have to manually put in each phone, even with 70 phones here, it is a hassle to update it.  And as I mentioned, if you update to later firmware, the phone will have an error/exclamation mark at the top you can clear, but it keeps coming back, about the power supply/usb inserted out of nowhere they decided to implement...yet 6 releases later, they won't fix it.  

HP Recommended
Hello

If you report this issue officially into our support team then we would have a chance to fix this.

As nobody to my knowledge has done this so far we cannot look at this.

Remember we are all just volunteers here so nothing of this will be officially reported into Poly.

Replied via a mobile device

HP Recommended

Ok, so where do you report bugs?

Let me guess, you have to open up a support request via an official reseller and pray it ends up being looked at by Polycom?

They should have a public reporting DB.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.