Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Software Revision: 5.8.0.12848
Phone Model: VVX450
Call Platform: Asterisk
MAC Address: 64167FB5BA8B
Issue:

While attempting to setup a TFTP provisioning server I downloaded and implemented the "Polycom UC Software 6.3.0.14929 for VVX Business Media Phones, Business IP Phones and SoundStructure VOIP Interface" package from https://support.polycom.com/content/support/north-america/usa/en/support/voice/business-ip-phones/vv....

I've not had any success with the combined or the split packages... and in fact after switching from the combined to the split package (due to noticing the log file was complaining about missing files that were present in the split package) the WebUI is no longer accessible (thus I haven't included any log files) and the phone gives the message "Error application is not present" when booting (which the phone now does over and over again).

I'd really like having a working provisioning server and a working phone... Not sure how to do either one at this point, but am understanding that I'm now in a position that requires me to have one to have the other.

Other posts I've found on this issue point to not using the right software package... But, if I'm not pulling the right software package from what I've explained above... what am I missing?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @jbroderick_GTSI ,

Welcome back to the Poly community.

Some or a couple of your old post(s) or reply(s) to them => here <= are still open/pending as you have not marked these as "Accept as a solution" or at least provide some form of feedback or answer.

If they are in this state nobody finding them via a community search will know if an answer or advice provided was useful and has maybe helped you.

Could you therefore kindly go over them and mark or answer as appropriate?

If they are marked as "Accept as a solution" other users can find these easier and it helps them to utilise the community more efficiently. Please do not simply mark them without any type of feedback.

For your new issue, the FAQ contains:

Sep 27, 2012 QuestionI get the message “Error application not present / Application not Found” on my phones screen

Resolution: Please check => here <= or => here <= and ensure you are not using a TFTP server

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Steffen, thanks for the reply.

It doesn't seem like the phones are allowing us to reset them in the manner that the FAQ suggests.  It doesn't give us the ability to cancel the application startup.

As far as setting up the provisioning server the FAQ talks about updating the firmware:

"When you use the Polycom Server it gives you just the firmware which leaves the app missing hense "polycom error application is not present". "

In looking at the software download page there are no "Upgrader" and "Updater" packages available.

Are these now part of the files that they make available on the download page currently?  If not, where can I get current files (assuming the ones available in the FAQ are not current, as it's nearing 10 years old now)?

Do you have any documentation that is a little more current?  It seems I'm being told to do things that are no longer valid... Or it isn't clear what the actual path I need to follow is due to changing support pages.

Edit:  I found the following post through following a link or two in the suggested reading (https://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP-SIP-Phones/FAQ-What-SIP-or-UC-Software-Version-or-Updater-Boot...)

"For any current model, if required, the Updater is already part of the software and does not need additional downloading."

So, I guess the update information is currently included... But, that doesn't help with the issue of getting the "application not present" after connecting to a provisioning server on a current model phone.

HP Recommended

Hello @jbroderick_GTSI 

simply follow the FAQ:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

• Download either the combined or split software UC Software 6.3.0 from >here<
  • Unzip the software into a directory
  • Setup a local FTP server as explained >here< and set a username and password (You can use PlcmSpIp as Username and Password)
  • Point this user to the unzipped software folder
  • Cancel the Bootup loop as explained >here<
  • Add the FTP credentials and username and password or leave blank if PlcmSpIp user/password was used as instructed above
  • Let the phone download the files

If this fails please contact JENNE DISTRIBUTING as they sold the phone back in January. They are your Tier 1 support.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.