Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Currently using Polycom IP501s with Asterisk, provisioning via seperate TFTP server.

The way it's set up is that we have a folder with 000000000000.cfg,<ethernet>-phone.cfg, sip.cfg, phone1.cfg files (which I've included at the bottom of this post).

Also in the folder are the bootrom.ld, bootrom.ver, sip.ld and sip.ver files that seem to work with the 501s.

This all works great!

However, now I need to add some Polycom IP550s into the mix and I'm at a loss.

I've read over this document and still for some reason am just not seeing how to mix the 2 phones in this envoironment.

http://docs.polycom.com/global/documents/whitepapers/configuration_file_management_on_soundpoint_ip_...

Can I continue to somehow use the one 000000000000.cfg file?

How do I tell the IP550s to use different .ld and sip.cfg files? Right now the phone boots but shows an error that says...

Error: sip.cfg has pre-3.30 parameters.

Any help would be MUCH appreciated.

MY EXISTING CONFIG FILES

------------------------------------------

000000000000.cfg

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?>
<!-- Default Master SIP Configuration File-->
<!-- For information on configuring Polycom VoIP phones please refer to the -->
<!-- Configuration File Management white paper available from: -->
<!-- http://www.polycom.com/common/documents/whitepapers/configuration_file_management_on_soundpoint_ip_phones.pdf -->
<!-- $RCSfile: 000000000000.cfg,v $ $Revision: 1.19.8.1 $ -->
<APPLICATION
APP_FILE_PATH="sip.ld"
CONFIG_FILES="phone1.cfg, sip.cfg"
MISC_FILES=""
LOG_FILE_DIRECTORY="logs"
OVERRIDES_DIRECTORY=""
CONTACTS_DIRECTORY=""
LICENSE_DIRECTORY=""
CALL_LISTS_DIRECTORY="calls">
<APPLICATION_SPIP300 APP_FILE_PATH_SPIP300="sip_212.ld" CONFIG_FILES_SPIP300="phone1_212.cfg, sip_212.cfg"/>
<APPLICATION_SPIP500 APP_FILE_PATH_SPIP500="sip_212.ld" CONFIG_FILES_SPIP500="phone1_212.cfg, sip_212.cfg"/>
</APPLICATION>

<ethernet>-phone.cfg

<PHONE_CONFIG>
<ALL
tcpIpApp.sntp.address="us.pool.ntp.org"
tcpIpApp.sntp.gmtOffset="-18000"
voIpProt.server.1.address="***.***.***.***"
voIpProt.server.1.port="5060"
voIpProt.server.1.expires="600"
feature.presence.enabled="1"
pres.idleSoftkeys="0"
up.oneTouchVoiceMail="1"
msg.mwi.1.callBack="*97"
msg.mwi.1.callBackMode="contact"
reg.1.displayName="--"
reg.1.label="***"
reg.1.address="***"
reg.1.type="private"
reg.1.auth.userId="***"
reg.1.auth.password="********"
reg.1.bargeInEnabled="1"
/>
</PHONE_CONFIG>

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello bdflorida,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Mixing legacy and current phones requires yourself to utilize current 00000000000.cfg

Example UC Software 4.0.9 (which is the latest for SIP)

<!-- Default Master SIP Configuration File-->
<!-- For information on configuring Polycom VoIP phones please refer to the -->
<!-- Configuration File Management white paper available from: -->
<!-- http://www.polycom.com/common/documents/whitepapers/configuration_file_management_on_soundpoint_ip_phones.pdf -->
<!-- $RCSfile$  $Revision: 155255 $ -->
<APPLICATION APP_FILE_PATH="sip.ld" CONFIG_FILES="" MISC_FILES="" LOG_FILE_DIRECTORY="" OVERRIDES_DIRECTORY="" CONTACTS_DIRECTORY="" LICENSE_DIRECTORY="" USER_PROFILES_DIRECTORY="" CALL_LISTS_DIRECTORY="">
   <APPLICATION_SPIP300 APP_FILE_PATH_SPIP300="sip_213.ld" CONFIG_FILES_SPIP300="phone1_213.cfg, sip_213.cfg"/>
   <APPLICATION_SPIP500 APP_FILE_PATH_SPIP500="sip_213.ld" CONFIG_FILES_SPIP500="phone1_213.cfg, sip_213.cfg"/>
   <APPLICATION_SPIP301 APP_FILE_PATH_SPIP301="sip_318.ld" CONFIG_FILES_SPIP301="phone1_318.cfg, sip_318.cfg"/>
   <APPLICATION_SPIP320 APP_FILE_PATH_SPIP320="sip_335.ld" CONFIG_FILES_SPIP320=""/>
   <APPLICATION_SPIP330 APP_FILE_PATH_SPIP330="sip_335.ld" CONFIG_FILES_SPIP330=""/>
   <APPLICATION_SPIP430 APP_FILE_PATH_SPIP430="sip_327.ld" CONFIG_FILES_SPIP430="phone1_327.cfg, sip_327.cfg"/>
   <APPLICATION_SPIP501 APP_FILE_PATH_SPIP501="sip_318.ld" CONFIG_FILES_SPIP501="phone1_318.cfg, sip_318.cfg"/>
   <APPLICATION_SPIP600 APP_FILE_PATH_SPIP600="sip_318.ld" CONFIG_FILES_SPIP600="phone1_318.cfg, sip_318.cfg"/>
   <APPLICATION_SPIP601 APP_FILE_PATH_SPIP601="sip_318.ld" CONFIG_FILES_SPIP601="phone1_318.cfg, sip_318.cfg"/>
   <APPLICATION_SSIP4000 APP_FILE_PATH_SSIP4000="sip_318.ld" CONFIG_FILES_SSIP4000="phone1_318.cfg, sip_318.cfg"/>
</APPLICATION>

As you can see it does not contain a sip.cfg or a phone.cfg as these are obolete since UC Software 3.3.0

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Feb 26, 2013 QuestionWhat is the meaning of the Error message "pre-3.3.0 params" or similar?

Answer Please check => here <=

or

May 14, 2012 Question: Can I support a mix of legacy SIP and UCS Phones on the same Provisioning Server?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you very much for the quick reply. I've been reading the links you referenced, but they don't specifically show a IP550 phone.

Can you show me what a 000000000000.cfg file would look like with only IP501 and IP550 phones in it?

Would it look like this?

<!-- $RCSfile: 000000000000.cfg,v $  $Revision: 1.19.8.1 $ -->
<APPLICATION
	APP_FILE_PATH="sip.ld"
	CONFIG_FILES="phone1.cfg, sip.cfg"
	MISC_FILES=""
	LOG_FILE_DIRECTORY="logs"
	OVERRIDES_DIRECTORY=""
	CONTACTS_DIRECTORY=""
	LICENSE_DIRECTORY=""
	CALL_LISTS_DIRECTORY="calls">
<APPLICATION_SPIP300 APP_FILE_PATH_SPIP300="sip_212.ld" CONFIG_FILES_SPIP300="phone1_212.cfg, sip_212.cfg"/>
<APPLICATION_SPIP500 APP_FILE_PATH_SPIP500="sip_212.ld" CONFIG_FILES_SPIP500="phone1_212.cfg, sip_212.cfg"/>
<APPLICATION_SPIP550 APP_FILE_PATH_SPIP550="sip_403.ld" CONFIG_FILES_SPIP550=""/>
</APPLICATION>

And if so, why does it not have config_files?

I'm guessing with this because I can't find an actual example that shows anything for an IP550.

HP Recommended

Hello bdflorida,

It would have a config file(s) in the CONFIG_FILES="" section but normally not a sip.cfg / phone1.cfg or if these the converted version using cfcutility as explained here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: What is the relevance of the sip.cfg and phone1.cfg files?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.