Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello all,

New to this community.

Could you help me with a solution for directory services:

I have Polycom 331 and Polycom 321 IP phones with following specifications.

Phone Model    SoundPoint IP 331

UC Software Version      4.1.1.0260

BootROM Software Version        5.1.0.85063

I would like to setup a phone dirctory server for the office so that any addition/deletion/changes can be implemented on the server level and all phones can avail the contact data from server.

As of now I donot find any option on the Polycom phones to type in a TFTP server IP or http link so that the phones can access data from the directory server.

Following are the concerns-

- How do I make the soundpoint 331 IP phones to communicate Phone directory server ?

-Which directroy server is most suitable (TFTP or LDAP etc)?

As of now the the Phones are configured with Voip extensions from an asterisk based server 

Any suggestions / advices regarding this implementation are welcome.

Thank you 

Raj

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello Raj2015,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Firstly, as stated in the Release notes 4.1.1 is for LYNC only, not SIP

In addition I can suggest to check the FAQ for your other questions.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jan 6, 2012 Question: How can I create a local directory or what is the 000000000000-directory.xml used for?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Jan 30, 2012 Question: Can I use a central Phone book or is LDAP / Corporate Directory supported?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure you always check the community FAQ and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up post’s.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you so much for the info.

Could you advice on which is the best suitable firmware version for Polycom 331 and Polycom 321 IP phones.

We are looking for basic features like SIP calling and phone directory services, DTMF etc.

I searched on the community and couldnot get any info on the recommended firmware for these phones.

Also do let us know on how to get the firmwares upgraded.

As of now we followed the below link and got the phones to 4.1.1 version.

HP Recommended

Hello Raj2015,

I am unsure if you read my previous reply but I had already explained that 4.1.1 is for LYNC only, not SIP

In addition the community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jun 30, 2015 Question:What is the difference using the UC Software 4.0.0 for compatible SoundPoint or SoundStation IP Phones?

Resolution: Please always check the release Notes or

Software Version  Call Server
4.0.X SIP Only
4.1.X LYNC Only

or

Oct 7, 2011 Question: What SIP or UC Software Version or BootROM Version is supported by my Phone?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

UC Software 4.0.9 is currently the latest software.

I have removed the reference to the Polycom hosted server as this is for Support cases only and does not allow the bandwidth to be used by a large community.

The community FAQ also host's this post:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure you always check the community FAQ and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up post’s.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.