Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I'm working with a SoundStation IP 4000 and we're trying to troubleshoot if the power interface module is bad. The phone is getting power, however it's not connecting to the network. We've tested the line multiple times, the line is good. That means it's the phone, or it's the power interface module the cat5 comes into. We had a lightning strike and replaced the phone with a model we got on eBay. However before I place fault with the phone, I know this interface box had surge run through it so something could be wrong there.

My point, this power interface module goes for nearly $100 on eBay. Which is a pretty penny to spend just to troubleshoot. My question is, this interface appears just to be a PoE converter. Taking a cat5 line without power, and adding power to it. Can I sub in any other PoE converter, or does Polycom require something specific that's only available in their power interface modules?

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended
Hello eTitus,

I cannot recommend to use any non Polycom equipment. from memory the SSIP4000 module cannot be used on any other newer Polycom PoE compatible phones.

Best regards

Steffen Baier
------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Steffen,

So are you saying perhaps because this power injector is from a different phone model it's not backwards compatible with the phone I bought? That I need a specific power injector?

HP Recommended
Hello,

I can only advise you to use the appropriate correct parts for your phone.

Best regards

Steffen Baier
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Okay then please let me know what model power injector I need for the phone I have, and where I can purchase that.

HP Recommended
Hello,

You need an SSIP4000 power adaptor as a replacement for you SSIP 4000.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Steffen,

I truly hope Polycom isn't paying you. Your responses are probably the most useless unhelpful things I've ever read. I totally understand now why you have zero stars next to your name. But luckliy your a moderator, so your can delete this post. Which is fine, I'm happy knowing you read it. With any luck it will inspire you to make change and either A) become more helpful and acutailly assist customers or B) will inspire you to quit this job which you so obviously don't give a crap about.

HP Recommended
Hello eTitus,

Can we clarify a few things her first.

Please do not abuse or use abusive language against any community members.

In addition I am currently on annual leave and am still attempting to provide answers and solutions within the community via a mobile device.

As this is the official Polycom community I cannot provide advise on purchases from third party's or Internet auction platforms.

You can either work directly with Polycom support or a Polycom reseller to get an repair price for your damaged module.

The replacement part number completely depends on the part of the world you are in and the part number of your SSIP 4000.

If you are interested in an individuals statistics please click on the individuals name as we do not present this next to their name.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hello all,

in order to clarify this post now that I have access to the relevant data.

The correct module is:

Universal AC Power Kit for SoundStation IP 3000 and SoundStation IP 4000. Includes 100-240VAC/0.5A 19VDC/1A power supply, 2.1m/7ft Cat5 Ethernet cable and a Power Insertion Module (PIM) with 7.6m/25ft Cat5 cable. DOES NOT INCLUDE AC POWER CORD. 2200-06686-001

This will work with the SSIP3000 (end of sale/end of support) and the SSIP4000(end of sale).

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.