Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Here's the scenario.

Plug phone into network, contact tftp server, finds 000000000000.cfg and gets the decryptkey, then sets a new bootp server and sets it to static for future updates from main provisioning server.

I have setup the encryption via polycom.key, this is on our main provisioning platform (Metaswitch).

What I'm having trouble with is how I would be able to quickly set the encryption key and main prov server via tftp (just plugging it in to the local network before sending the unit out, where it would auto provision (with key)).

Would I be able to just use the 000.cfg file to accomplish this? Ive been reading docs all day and have come here for some assistance on where to look, or an example to go by.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi kelso

Its a bit hard to understand what you are trying to achieve....are you wanting to auto provision your phones?

If so I would advise looking into your DHCP scope option 66, in which you can specify the path of your tftp server which will direct the phone to your provisiong server for you - thus enabling the phone to then reach the 00000.cfg file...then on from there...

I hope this helps a bit...

Many thanks

Dave

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.