Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

RFC 2833 and VVX 501, 601

Stevea
Occasional Contributor

RFC 2833 and VVX 501, 601

We have a Gendband C15 softswitch that had a bit turned on that did not allow RCF 2833 DTMF.  When trying to access voicemail with both VVX 501 and a VVX 601 (firmware 5.5.3)  the DTMF tones would not pass to the VM or conference system.  This is now fixed by Genband allowing RCF 2833 in our softswitch, but we thought that the phones should have reverted back to use G711 once our softswitch said not capable to do RCF 2833.  Is there something in the config of phones that we could have set to have phone revert to use "in band" DTMF tones?  The phones did work fine with older firmware 5.4 1.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Karthik  Sivaram
Polycom Employee

Re: RFC 2833 and VVX 501, 601

hi Stevea,

Have you taken a packet capture from the phone to see what dtmf tones are being sent?

As for the audio codec g711, you have the option of selecting this or forcing this from the web page of the phone under Settings > Audio codec priority.
Regards,
Karthik Sivaram

Please remember to "Kudo" a post that helped you and / or "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.

Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 2