Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

RFC 3903 - PUBLISH Support

Advisor

RFC 3903 - PUBLISH Support

Hello,

Is there a possibility to have the MyStatus softkey sending PUBLISH requests for presence events ?

Thanks,

Damien

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Advisor

Re: RFC 3903 - PUBLISH Support

I'm asking because presence feature and mystatus softkey are enabled, but the phone does not send publish requests.

Message 2 of 5
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello Damien,

hello and welcome to the Polycom Community.

I have checked the UCS 3.3.0 Admin Guide and am not fully aware of the Roadmap for future releases and if the RFC3903 is implemented in any of the upcoming Releases. 

Best Idea at this moment is to work with your Polycom Reseller and get them to raise a Feature Request.

That way the interest for certain features gets highlighted to the relevant product managers. 

Best Regards 

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 3 of 5
Advisor

This is indeed an interesting answer.

However, I still have a question. What is the MyStatus softkey supposed to do ?

Directly send NOTIFY requests with presence status to all SUBSCRIBERs for which the phone received a request ?

Thanks,

Damien

Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello Damien,

have a look at this users explanation of the current behaviour.

As explained follow up via your Reseller with a Feature Request for additional functionality.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 5 of 5