Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

Question on RTP port.

I can see on the WebGui of the IP450, concerning  the RTP port :

* "Port forced " and "Port start range"

- Port Forced : Does it mean that you force the voice to go through on ONE PORT ONLY ?

- "Port start Range" : If you have a "port Start " I would expect to see "Port End " ?

=> DId I miss out something ? How can I specifiy a port start and a port end ?

2) more generally, I dig up into the .cfg files after downloading the "sip 3.3.2" I can see that most of the config seems to be in these files.

- Does it mean that, while booting, the phone will check out any changes on these files ? ( That's the way to mofify the config of all the soundpoint  phones at the same time ? is that correct ? )

Thanks and regards,

Steve

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello Steve,

Question 1:

All Parameters are described in the UCS 3.3.0 Admin Guide and additional Information for newer introduced Parameters are usually highlighted in the Release notes.

Question 2:

Please check the Feature Descriptions & Technical Notifications for the following document => here <=.

Since UCS 3.3.0 all standard Parameters are included in the Software and the Phone can load single or additional configuration files. The Files in the \config subdirectory are only templates.

The Community holds plenty provisioning examples and any further details should be provided via your Polycom Reseller.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.