Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello all. I manage an office where we exclusively use IP650 POE Polycoms. Upon booting, each phone looks to the bootserver for it's MAC Address config file and pushes it to the phone. All my POE IP650s are Rev M or older, so the sip.ld that I have in there has never been a problem and everything has been rock solid. However, I just purchased a few more, and have Rev Y. The phone is unable to load and take a config because it spits out a message to the effect of "This bootloader is no longer compatible with ths phone..

How can I tell what sip.ld is compatible with what sip.ld, and which one I currently have? Also, where on the site could I get a new sip.ld if thats all it is?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello mr_engineer,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Polycom changes from time to time the SIP / UC Software and/or BootROM Version in the factory to match newer available Versions and Support provides a Information at the Feature Descriptions & Technical Notifications Page => here <= explaining the Product Shipping Configuration Change Notice.

Your Directory should contain a sip.ver and within the current SIP / UC Software Version is stated.

The sip.ld or xxxx-xxxxx-xxx.sip.ld is the SIP / UC Software for the Phones

In addition your Directory may also contain a similar name with xxxx-xxxxx-xxx.boot.ld or just bootrom.ld.

The SPIP560 is 2345-12560-001.bootrom.ld and the SPIP650 is 2345-12600-001.bootrom.ld

Just download the latest BootROM from the Polycom VoIP Support Site and unzip this in your provisioning folder and the Phones will load their correct BootROM and work.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks for the tips. I have one last question. I see where I point the $MA of the phone points to each users custom sip.cfg in the /contacts folder. And I understand how to drop in a new bootrom.ld file in that directory.. But if I place that bootrom.ld into the directory, will the older Rev phones be able to use this newer bootrom.ld ? Or is there a place I can specifiy which bootrom.ld file the phone uses, so I could have both running to support new and old phones? 

HP Recommended

Hello,

Please check this document here in relation to support Legacy Phones with later Software releases.

Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.