Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

We have a Call Center with Polycom Soundpoint IP 335 connected to Genesys SIP Server. With polycom phones we have a problem because when an agent is dialing in his phone, Genesys status are ready/avail on this extension to receive inbound calls but he is dialing an outbound call to contact with a customer.

The steps of agents are:
1. Off-hook the phone pressing "Line" button
2. Press the numbers of contact on keypad phone
3. Press the "Dial" button to make call

During steps 1 and 2 the agents are ready/avail, and when they press "Dial" are not ready with outbound call.

We captured a wireshark trace and checked steps 1 and 2 (Off-hook and dial numbers on keypad) not send anything to Genesys, and when agent pressed "Dial" button, the phone sent an INVITE message to Genesys.

Are there any parameter or configuration on polycom to send a message with status of phone when agents are dialing?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello,

I'm trying to configure the ACD login option on Polycom phone, because Genesys said the phone will send status messages to SIP Server if we use this feature. 

We imported the file to phone with factory values and when we login on option ACD login of the menu phone, phone doesn't send anything. 

The imported file is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<polycomConfig xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
<reg reg.1.label="EXTENSION" reg.1.address="EXTENSION" reg.1.auth.password="" reg.1.auth.userId="EXTENSION" reg.1.server.1.address="SIP_SERVER" reg.1.acd-login-logout="1" reg.1.acd-agent-available="1" feature.acdLoginLogout.enabled="1" voIpProt.SIP.acd.signalingMethod="0" feature.acdAgentAvailable.enabled="1" feature.acdAgentAvailability.enabled="1" acd.stateAtSignIn="1"></reg>
</polycomConfig>

Could you say me if we need more parameters in the configuration file ?

Thanks

Javier

HP Recommended

Hello Javier,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used software version as issues experienced may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes.

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP UC Software Version or the BootROM Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

In addition I would expect Genesys to provide you with the correct configuration as they would have completed the interoperability testing on their end.

Certain features or parameters only work with our interop partners and not with a generic SIP PABX.

For example:

• voIpProt.SIP.acd.signalingMethod="0"

Above is a standard parameter and does not need to be configured.

From the Admin Guide:

• If set to 0, the ‘SIP-B’ signaling is supported. (This is the older ACD functionality.)
  • If set to 1, the feature synchronization signaling is supported. (This is the new ACD functionality.)

I would suggest you check the Example Feature Synchronized ACD Configuration section in your Admin Guide matching your currently used yet unknown software Version.

You should also check the Feature Profile 76179: Using Premium Automatic Call Distribution for Call Centers document.

Please work with Genesys support if you are still unable to utilize the functionality as they can work with our support teams directly.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks Steffen.

Our information is:

Phone Information Phone Model SoundPoint IP 331 Part Number 2345-12365-001 Rev:B MAC Address XXXXXXXXXX IP Address XXXXXXXX UC Software Version 4.1.1.0260 BootROM Software Version 5.1.0.85063

I'm checking your references to guides and I requested help to Genesys.

Thanks

Javiier

HP Recommended

Hello Javier,

Please be aware that UCS 4.1.0 and UCS 4.1.0 are LYNC only releases and are not supported for standard SIP Switches.

I recommend you downgrade to UCS 4.0.7 and then test again.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks Steffen.

I downgraded the phone to 4.0.7 and ACD login feature is working now.

I recommend to Polycom explain better that version 4.1.0. and 4.1.1 are only for microsoft Lync on Matrix.

Regards 

Javier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.