Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We are using Polycom RPTrio 8800 Collaboration Kit and the The RealPresence Trio 8800 phone is running on UC Software Version 5.5.2.11338. The local call control IP PBX is Yeastar S50.
The Trio8800 is locally registered to this Yeastar S50 PBX on line1.

we are facing difficulty How to dial sip URI so we can join zoom meetings?
At the moment when we dial sip URI @zoomcrc.com, the trio8800 converts the string into a normal phone number.

Secondly how can make visible the zoom icon as per article "Polycom Trio UC Software 5.5.2 Skype for Business" and fully use zoom features?
Lastly how to we Enable calender icon on homescreen?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Benito,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I just created a new FAQ:

Nov 27, 2017 Question: Can I add Zoom to the Polycom Trio?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

and

Nov 27, 2017 Question: Can I setup Exchange on Polycom phones?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @Benito,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I just created a new FAQ:

Nov 27, 2017 Question: Can I add Zoom to the Polycom Trio?

and

Nov 27, 2017 Question: Can I setup Exchange on Polycom phones?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello,

I followed instructions of the guide titled "[FAQ] Add Zoom interoperability to the Polycom Trio" and indeed the zoom icon appears on homescreen of the Polycom RPTrio 8800.

However when the Polycom RPTrio 8800 is unplugged and plugged again,
the zoom icon disappears as if the phone lost the configurations and rolled back to previous settings.

How can we make this change permanent so zoom shortcut remains on homescreen?

Also how can we make calls to other SIP URI addresses besides zoom?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hello @Benito,

I have just tested this again using line 1 to register to a SIP server and Line 2 to Zoom and powered

off the unit via the cable and powered it back up again and I still have the Zoom Icon on line 2.

Usually the below Parameter is activated by default:

feature.urlDialing.enabled

It could be your Line 1 settings or something else.

Feel free to post some logs here but if you want Polycom support to look at this please work with your reseller.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

End Customers are unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

In case you want to question the above suggestion please check:

Mar 8, 2012 Question: What kind of support should I expect from the Community?
Clarification: Please check => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hello
we have tested restarting this phone when Yeastar S50 IP PBX is disconnected and the Zoom icon and all other configurations are not lost. Therefore we now understand that issue is Yeastar s50 PBX forces its configuration to this phone and hence overwrites its configuration.

we have seen the https://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP-SIP-Phones/UC-phones-lose-local-config/m-p/37188#M5471 where the other user's solution was to change the name of their config file to "phone.cfg".

The user in that website did not provide exact steps to rename this configuration file.

HOW do we rename our configuration file on phone so that it is not overwritten by configurations from Yeastar IP PBX? Please assist on steps to rename our configuration file or any other way to resolve our problem.

HP Recommended

Hello @Benito,

It seems you PABX may also be the provisioning server for the Trio.

I do not have any details and you should contact the manufacturer of this or whoever supports this in your organisation.

A test would be via the Trio's Web UI to browse to Settings > Provisioning Server > DHCP Menu and set the Boot Server to static.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.