Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Can the Trio Visual wallpaper be customized?

I like the default wallpaper that shows up on the TV but I was hoping we could brand it a bit.

Thanks all,

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello catapultsystems,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

At present you can only select the 5 different originally added back grouds to the Visual+

If you have a Polycom sales engineer you work with I suggest contacting them and discuss a feature request. Please mention VOIP-112784

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi,

I'm also interested about changing the background on Network devices and with the new firmware 5.4.2 AA I hoped to fo that, as the Release notes says: 

Enhancements this release include:

● Hide/show the Contacts menu

● Hide/show Recent Calls/Call Lists

● Hide/show the Bluetooth menu

● Display a custom image on the monitor background

● Hide/display the Polycom logo on the monitor background

Can someone plese tell me how to do it?

I've seen this FAQ http://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP/FAQ-Customization-of-the-Home-Screen-on-a-Polycom-RealPresence/... but it is only about the icons on the start screen....

which is the command to change the background?

Thank you

HP Recommended

Hello Luca,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

Fresh of the press:

Apr 5, 2016 Question:Can I customize the background Picture of a Polycom RealPresence Visual+ connected to a Polycom RealPresence Trio 8800?

Resolution: Please check => here <= for details.

Apr 5, 2016 Question:Can I remove the Polycom Logo from a RealPresence Visual+ connected to a RealPresence Trio 8800?

Resolution: Please check => here <= for details.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi.

i realize this is a somewhat older threat - but i have been fighting 2 days now - with a demo setup (a proof of concept if you will - to see if we want to upgrade our aging polycom systems with trio's).

Actually im pretty pleased with the trio - and we have everything working - except branding the screen. Sure i like the picture of a lake and some mountains.. 🙂   but - we would like to brand the screen with our own logo for a more professional look when we have visitors etc..

i have set the   mr.br.url   to a ftp server with user and pwd in the string.. it works fine from a browser - dns is working and the trio can ping the ftp server.  Why does this have to be so difficult?? im a bit frustrated that i have to have this noob-feeling, not being able to change a simple background...

I hope someone can helt (and yes - the trio 8800 is paired with a Visual+ device.. and i have tried to se the parameter on both.. no result..

And while im at it.. what is the vendor strings on those devices.. its like a secret... the documentation is sparse at best... we have all sorts of phone and configuration manager using option 66, 67 and so on - so just getting the **bleep** thing on the network was a challange - so we resorted to a usb boot... atleast we can connect to them via a browser now.

I dont mean to be negative - the meeting part, and skype for business+calendar is so cool... but this ... "nice to have" - but a good finnish is near impossible to get working.. i just dont get it...

BR

Daniel

HP Recommended

Hello Daniel,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Mar 30, 2016 Question:Can I customize the Idle Screen of a Polycom RealPresence Trio 8800?

Resolution:Please check => here <=

aka <test mr.bg.url="ftp://3:1@10.252.149.102/polycom-logo.jpg" mr.bg.selection="Custom" />

In regards to the Vendor option we have:

Sep 13, 2016 Question:Do Polcyom Phones support the DHCP Option 60 Vendor Data Format?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

aka the Vendor Option is Polycom-Trio8800

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Can the Visual + be managed via RPRM 10.3? Our units are at 5.5.3

I understand that the Visual + looks to the Trio 8800 as the provisioning server, however how do I get my basic configuration items like TLS certificate and 802.1x config, syslog server onto the Visual +? 

The Trio 8800 is able to pull this, however the Visual + isn't displaying in RPRM. 

Do I still need to use manual provisioning for them? 

HP Recommended

The Visual+, when paired to a Trio is not managed or visualized in RPRM in any way today under normal operation.  

When using 802.1x, customers tend to use a staging network prior to deployment as they generally will not have any network connectivity until the cert is loaded and the interface is configured for 802.1x.  Therefore, this specific workflow is generally handled out of rprm, usually just by a common USB stick, depending on the 802.1x environment.  

For the syslog workflow, the recommendation is to handle the logging directly from the Trio.  It can provide the status updates to the syslog server as to whether paired devices lose connectivity.  Trio does not currently propogate this flag to paired devices.

All that to say, that you can handle them in RPRM, and the parameter to enable this is pre-populated in RPRM as a Polycom provided template (which is why that device type is listed) but it was only designed for advanced troubleshooting and can often lead to configurations that cause the pairing to break between the Trio and V+ and is therefore not recommended for most users without careful planning.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.