Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have three VVX expansion modules and when I insert the keys blf (via web or provisoning), the phone restarts continuously.
All the 110 keys are configured.
The display shows this messages "Uploading 1 of 2 core files" and "Uploading 2 of 2 core files". The phone's firmware is 4.1.6.

Thanks

Alessio

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Hello Alessio,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

You should urgently bring this to the attention of your Polycom reseller and provide them with the logs and core files as our support team requires these.

You could in parallel send me the MAC address of a unit affected by this.

It may be worth taking a wireshark trace during adding the BLF keys so we can see the traffic all these BLF's are causing.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks Steffen,

I opened a ticket!

Alessio

HP Recommended

Polycom only supports 45 BLF Keys on the expansion module at this time.  Several resellers have open tickets with resellers and Polycom is looking into it, but the data sheet for the expansion module even states this.  So, for now, this is by design.  Reduce your BLF keys to less than 45 and it will stop rebooting.  You may have to format the file system on the phone if you can't get it out of the loop.

Louis

HP Recommended

Hello Louis,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

There is no official document in regards of BLF as far as I am aware.

There is a huge difference between the amount of supported active BLF's as this all depends on them being part of ring groups etc. 

This needs to be looked at individually and we cannot simply state that this is the case in the original posters issue.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Actually, I mispoke as I was recalling from memory.  The Polycom VVX Expansion Modules with Polycom VVX Business Phone Feature Profile 78960.pdf document clearly states that only 50 BLFs are supported with 3 connected VVX expansion modules.  I and other partners have easily reproduced this issue.  It has nothing to do with ring groups.   If I configure 50 BLFs on line keys, the phone and module go into this reboot sequence and won't stop until you factory reset the phone.  Judging from this document, this was by design, but severely cripples the use of the expansion modules.  Why would they produce a module with 84 buttons and limit the use to 50 BLFs?  Doesn't make any sense to me..unless the phones are so under powered that they just can't handle it.

Louis

HP Recommended

Hello Louis,

as explained in this and other post before, we need to track this the correct and professional way so a service ticket with our support team is required.

I personally had not yet had any escalation in my EMEA region so far.

The sole purpose of an expansion module is not just to be a BLF but also to provide Lines, Shared Lines, Speed Dials or EFK's.

What yourself have found in the field may be a performance or firmware issue but without ticket and the relevant data I am unable to comment.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

hi,

I am having the same problem, polycom vvx 400 + 2 vvx expansion modules.

uc firmware 4.1.6.5374.

the first module works fine, but when I configure BLF in the second module, it doesn´t stop rebooting, I have to restore to defaults.

any solution?

thanks

Roger

HP Recommended

Hello Roger,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I would suggest you test this using the latest UCS 4.1.7 Software as this has many enhancements for the Expansion Module such as:

92177 In a BLF scenario, the phone now displays all the statically or dynamically configured BLF lines (~50) when the expansion module is connected to it and no longer causes any issue.

Once you have done this and still face an issue in your enviroment please go ahead and work with your Polycom reseller and bring this to the attention of Polycom support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

hello Steffen,

thank you for your reply.

can you please guide me to how to upgrade my vvx 400 to the UCS 4.1.7 Software ?

thank you

Roger

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.