Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi, is there a way or software to allow rebooting multiple VVX500 phones remotely?

Shawn

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hi Shawn,

has a look at this post within the developer community => here <=

I posted a Perl script in there. The phone will only reboot if the 

<voIpProt voIpProt.SIP.specialEvent.checkSync.alwaysReboot="1" />

above is set to 1.

Simply changing a setting within the configuration files that where used to provision the phone (or just adding above as the standard value is 0) will get the phone to check the configuration, add the above and then reboot.

You could also utilize the PUSH functionality simulating the Key presses that would be needed to reboot the phone via the GUI.

Examples are described in the developer community FAQ.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Setffen, thanks for pointing me to the right direction.  However, I use HTTP URL push and almost got this working except one last step.  Here is my code:

<%@page contentType="application/x-com-polycom-spipx"
%>Key:Setup
Key:DialPad2
Key:DialPad1
Key:DialPad6
Key:DialPad9
Key:DialPad5
Key:Select
Key:DialPad3

Right after DialPad3, the phone asks to confirm if I want to reboot, and gives either Cancel or Yes.  I'm stuck here as I don't know which keys I should use.  I tried Select, and it doesn't work.

Shawn

HP Recommended

Hello Shawn,

did you try Softkey2 ?

I have not played with that myself on the new VVX500/600 Gui.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Yes, still doesn't work.  My phone is using Lync profile, SoftKey2 is the Forward key on home screen.

Shawn

HP Recommended

Hi Shawn,

I meant the above sequence and then use the softkey as everything displayed at the bottom is classed as a softkey.

Another idea would be a script authenticating yourself against the Web UI and then sending something like:

POST /form-submit/Restart HTTP/1.1

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Yes, I did add it to the sequence.  But Softkey1 thru 5 are always referred to the softkeys on the home screen, not the current active screen.  Here is the sequence:

<%@page contentType="application/x-com-polycom-spipx"
%>Key:Setup
Key:DialPad2
Key:DialPad6
Key:DialPad9
Key:DialPad5
Key:Select
Key:DialPad3
Key:SoftKey2

Shawn

HP Recommended

Hi Shawn,

I had a quick play today and this seems to be a bug in my opinion.

Please go ahead and log a ticket via your reseller.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hi Shawn

What I use is the following for a VVX600:

curl --digest -u PUSHUSERNAME:PUSHPASSWORD -d $'<PolycomIPPhone><Data priority="all">Key:Setup\nKey:Dialpad1\nKey:Dialpad12\nKey:Softkey4</Data></PolycomIPPhone>' --header "Content-Type: application/x-com-polycom-spipx" http://**phoneipaddress**/push

hope this helps

cheers

dave

HP Recommended

Hi 

sorry am an absolute beginner in Polycom word, can you please explain me how do you execute you code to send the instruction to the concerned Polycom device ? (I need to rebbot all polycom devices using the ip adresses, and i dont know how 😕 )

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.