Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Recommended cabling for best audio quality

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Recommended cabling for best audio quality

Hello,

We're about to install two IP7000 Soundstations but due to how the phones would be used we would like to use stranded cat5 so the cables are as flexible as possible.  However I wondered whether that would degrade the sound quality?  What's the recommended cable for optimal quality or will stranded cat5/cat5e be sufficient?

Many thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Recommended cabling for best audio quality

Hello mmav3,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

In order to connect the two SoundStations via a MiM a special Polycom 10 Pin RJ45 cable is required. Or is this for an individual installation?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Hi Steffan,

Sorry I should've been more clear!  This is to install two individual soundstations, not to connect them together.

Many thanks.

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I have had no issues with tradtional Cat 5 or Cat 6 with any of the SoundPoint phones. 

Message 4 of 4