Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

------ Question

I want you to teach the communication of the SIP server and the SoundPoint450.

(Is there an interface document of SIP server and SoundPoint450?)

------ Reason

There is FW(FireWall) between the SIP server and the SoundPoint450.

Drop is generated at regular intervals in FW.

We should evade this drop.

thank you,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

thank you for your message.

confirms it with wireshark.

thank you,

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello TS3,

Welcome to the Polycom Support Community.

Polycom Phones follow the SIP Standard 

The Admin Guide for your relevant Software Version can be found => here <=

Using a Switch or a mirrored Port you can easily use Wireshark to gather a Trace and decode the Voice Traffic that way.

An simple Overview of Ports used by Polycom Devices is:

Firewall Example

Please be aware that above is only a Guideline and you can change certain Ports in order to suit local Network requirements and depending on the SIP Server other Ports may be negotiated on call setup.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

thank you for your message.

confirms it with wireshark.

thank you,

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen-san,

I acquired the log with wireshark.

(refer to the attachment file)

Drop is generated in customer's FW(FireWall) environment at 30 seconds.

I found the communication of every 30 seconds from the log of WireShark.

--- attachment file Information ---

absolute time : 15:54:36.4415, 15:55:06.5089

source : 43.27.75.35(SoundPoint450)

destination : 43.27.75.23(SIP Server)

dest port : sip

source port : 57812

protocol : UDP

I want to learn in what setting this communication is revokable.

thank you,

TS3

HP Recommended

Hello TS3,

we cannot provide technical support on your Customers firewall and you would need to work with your Customers IT department on this issue.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi stesffen-san,

The FW(FireWall) trader says that this communication is a setting

of keepalive.

I changed the settings keepaive.but, It was ineffectual.

Drop has been generated by the communication of 30 seconds.

I want to communicate for 30 seconds every 145 seconds.

thank you,

TS3

HP Recommended

Hello TS3,

this is beyond the Intention of this Forum.

The Wireshark Trace contains a X-Lite Softphone and not a Polycom Device.

Please work with your Customers IT Team and your Polycom Reseller to resolve this issue.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.